Pride, Elite XC, and K1 Play Per Views... any thoughts?

Moderator: PPV Admins

Charlie
Post Whore
Reactions score: 0

Pride, Elite XC, and K1 Play Per Views... any thoughts?

Post by Charlie »

I'm going to start making a push to get more awareness out there of Stablewars' UFC stuff. I don't participate myself, because I don't watch UFC.

That said, MMA is booming right now. It's fair to say that Mixed Martial Arts is hot right now like professional wrestling was in 1998. We can take advanage of this.

But after talking with a couple MMA friends of mine on MSN, they think that having exclusively UFC stuff isn't enough to attact new people. The suggestions were to add Pride, Elite XC, and K1 Play Per View and Titlewars. Ultimately, the UFC sections should be renamed the MMA sections.

I think it's a good idea, and the good news is there are lots of people here already willing to help. PK in paticular said he would like to be a part of this.

As far as how to get the word out, I'll say right now that I'm not right for this job. MMA is not my thing and I don't really know where to begin. So what I'm asking is help being pointed in the right direction. I'm just looking for places that would be intrested in plugging our games.

My goal is to have 100 MMA players per a Play Per View by year's end. I think it's a realistic goal. If you frequent MMA boards, you can use the 'stealth plug' tactic. If the message board has recently started a topic for the next UFC pay per view, you can use this tactic to get a link up to our board without making it too obvious.
"I play this game on this website Stablewars where you have to pick the winners each UFC pay per view. It's fun, it's free. Sometimes they give prizes away, but not this show. Still, bragging right and stuff.
http://www.stablewars.com/ppv/registration.php?fed=UFC

I'm just not sure who to go with. Silva or Irvin. On one hand, I think Silva has it in the bag, but on the other I think Irvin wants it more. Any thoughts?"
Something like that. It might only work at getting one or two new players, but those one or two new players could very well become new regulars here. And that should be our goal.

So, any thoughts of Pride, Elite XC, K1, or other MMA related Play Per Views/Titlewars games?
Last edited by Charlie on Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kash was here!
The Lawnmower
Post Whore

Re: Pride, Elite XC, and K1 Play Per Views... any thoughts?

Post by The Lawnmower »

How would we do Pride? Pick an event and see who can remember who won? Or are we gonna invent a time machine?
[center][img]http://i48.tinypic.com/1212wed.png[/img][/center]
Conye West
Titlewars TNA Tag Team Champion

Post by Conye West »

He meant affliction...
ZERO SASBYS THE PAST SEVEN YEARS!
KevIncredible
Legend

Post by KevIncredible »

I vote time machine.. hands down.
Killer Karpediem
Superstar

Post by Killer Karpediem »

UFC is the WWE of MMA right now... I'm going to wait until at least UFC PPV's are closer to 100 participant before even considering other MMA promotions.

If anything I'd probably add in this order Elite XC, WEC, Affliction (which is probably going to shut down faster then BoDog fights).
Come listen to me on the Trending Topics Netowrk with my show All Beer Inside

Come watch be interview people in the Craft industry on the All Beer Inside Youtube page

The Lawnmower
Post Whore

Post by The Lawnmower »

There's DREAM as well, with alot of the Japanese guys left over from Pride.
[center][img]http://i48.tinypic.com/1212wed.png[/img][/center]