ROH Stablewars Season 1

Moderator: SW Admins

Watsuki
Legend
Reactions score: 0

ROH Stablewars Season 1

Post by Watsuki »

ROH STABLEWARS SEASON 1

You wanted it, you got it! ROH Stablewars is here! First of all I'd like to thank The Lawnmower for taking the reigns on this one. He'll be responsible for the salaries and scoring the shows. ROH has an unusual taping schedule so you'll have to bear with us as we may run into issues.

If I can get my hands on some cheap ROH DVDs before the end of the season they will be eligible prizes for the winner. No promises though.

Season Details
Season: July 25 - Oct 10*
Trade Window: July 25 - July 31*
Breakdown: 6 / 6 weeks

*On June 19th and 20th ROH will tape six episodes which will begin airing on July 25th. I assume they will tape another six episodes in six weeks (estimated July 31), so the trade window will close whenever that next taping is. As long as ROH keeps this type of schedule ROH Stablewars will have 6 weeks pre-trade, 6 weeks post-trade, and 6 weeks between seasons. The seasons will also lag about 6 weeks behind the tapings. ROH has also announced they will no longer do PPVs.

Stables must be submitted by Friday, June 19th at 8pm EST
http://www.stablewars.com/sw/roh_registration.php

SALARY LIST

Main Eventers
2.45M – Jerry Lynn
2.35M – Bryan Danielson, Nigel McGuinness*
2.30M – Austin Aries, Tyler Black

Upper Midcard
0.90M – Chris Hero
0.85M – Colt Cabana, Jimmy Jacobs

Midcard
0.80M – Davey Richards, Eddie Edwards, Claudio Castagnoli, KENTA, Takeshi Morishima, Naomichi Marufuji
0.75M – El Generico, Kevin Steen, Jay Briscoe, Brent Albright, Roderick Strong, Mark Briscoe*
0.70M – Jimmy Rave, Necro Butcher, Erick Stevens, D’Lo Brown, Eddie Kingston, Joey Ryan
0.65M – Bison Smith, Sonjay Dutt, Delirious
0.60M – Brodie Lee, Rhett Titus, Kenny King

Lower Midcard
0.55M – Bobby Dempsey, Jon Davis, Kory Chavis, Kenny Omega
0.50M – Ace Steel, Adam Pearce, Go Shiozaki, Sami Callihan
0.45M – Grizzly Redwood, Ernie Osiris, Sal Rinauro, Jake Crist, Dave Crist
0.40M – Shane Hagadorn, Bushwacker Luke, Cheech, Cloudy, Chasyn Rance, Silas Young
0.35M – Player Uno, Player Dos, Alex Payne, Andy Ridge, Ninja White, Ninja Yellow

Divas /Semi-Active
0.50M – Daizee Haze, Sara Del Ray
0.45M - MsChif
0.25M – Prince Nana, Julius Smokes, Allison Wonderland
0.15M – Kyle Durden, Cary Silkin
0.10M – Dave Prazak, Lenny Leonard, Bobby Cruise, Giuseppe Di Lorento, Mike Hogewood

* - inactive
Two-Time WWE Stablewars Champion
Two-Time TNA Stablewars Champion
Ten-Time Titlewars Champion
WWE No Mercy 2003 Play-Per-View Champion
TNA Turning Point 2005 Play-Per-View Champion
UFC 68 Play-Per-View Champion
The Lawnmower
Post Whore

Re: ROH Stablewars Season 1

Post by The Lawnmower »

ROH! ROH! ROH! ROH!

...somehow it isn't as gay as chanting TNA.

So yeah, here we go, ROH Stablewars. Sign up and I'll see you in a month.
[center][img]http://i48.tinypic.com/1212wed.png[/img][/center]
The Lawnmower
Post Whore

Post by The Lawnmower »

Apparently Nigel McGuinness is actually going to be competing on the next set of tapings, so I'll remove him from the inactive list.
The Legend Killer OWNS
Main Eventer

Post by The Legend Killer OWNS »

Ring of Honor bitches!
Let's Go Mets!!!
------------------------
* 1x Titlewars Champion (Intercontinental Champion)
* 1x Elimination Wars Champion (Season 47)
* 1x TV Wars Champion (Season 36)
* 1x Tag Team Challenge Champion (Season 27)
* 2x Survivor Champion (Seasons 53 & 153)
* 2x UFC PPV Champion (80 & 174)
The Legend Killer OWNS
Main Eventer

Post by The Legend Killer OWNS »

This is just TV shows? Or are the house shows included?
Let's Go Mets!!!
------------------------
* 1x Titlewars Champion (Intercontinental Champion)
* 1x Elimination Wars Champion (Season 47)
* 1x TV Wars Champion (Season 36)
* 1x Tag Team Challenge Champion (Season 27)
* 2x Survivor Champion (Seasons 53 & 153)
* 2x UFC PPV Champion (80 & 174)
The Lawnmower
Post Whore

Post by The Lawnmower »

For now it's just the TV shows, since the DVDs are released months after the show happens and not on a set schedule. Who knows what we'll do in later seasons, though.
vacuole
Jobber

Post by vacuole »

This is great.

Thanks guys! ROH

Will Little Guido be available for the season?
Last edited by vacuole on Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SeeDub
Good Brother

Post by SeeDub »

Do you need a Finisher/Signature list 'Mower?
The Lawnmower
Post Whore

Post by The Lawnmower »

I did it myself. It's on the Stablewars page. You can look it over and say if you think there's any moves that they should have as signature's that I missed.
SeeDub
Good Brother

Post by SeeDub »

The Lawnmower wrote:I did it myself. It's on the Stablewars page. You can look it over and say if you think there's any moves that they should have as signature's that I missed.
Thanks, I just checked it out and it looks good. Although, unless I've got it wrong, I thought a Finisher is the move wrestlers use most often to win matches, and the Signature was a secondary finisher that typically doesn't win as many matches for them. If this is true, I think a few moves need to be switched around (and I've also added a few you may have missed):

Name - Finisher / Signature
Austin Aries - Brainbuster / Last Chancery, 450 Splash
Brent Albright - Half Nelson Suplex / Crowbar
Colt Cabana - Billy Goat's Curse / Colt 45
Davey Richards - Kimura / DR Driver
Delirious - Cobra Stretch / Chemical Imbalance II, Shadows Over Hell
El Generico - Brainbuster / Brainbuster to Turnbuckle
Jimmy Rave - Ghanarhea / Heel Hook
MsChif - Desecrator / Code Green
Last edited by SeeDub on Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lawnmower
Post Whore

Post by The Lawnmower »

I'm leaving Aries as the 450 because although he does win quite a bit with just the Brainbuster, when he wins with the 450 he usually sets it up with the Brainbuster, so I don't want him getting that many extra points.

And Albright's is definitely the Crowbar as that is what is always hyped as his finisher, especially during the series I've just been watching with Claudio.

What is the Billy Goat's Curse? I obviously haven't seen Cabana on the Indy's in a long time so I put his finisher as the Colt 45 and gave him the reverse Boston Crab that he used to use as a signature.

Has Richards been winning with the Kimura? I couldn't think of what he had been using recently when I wrote this up and wasn't about to go look through show results to find out, so I just gave him the standard DR Driver with the old SSP as a signature(although he hasn't busted that out in a long time).

And again, has Delirious been winning with a Cobra Stretch? From what I can remember he's been using the Shadows Over Hell a lot more.

I'm leaving Generico as is because the BRAINBUSTAAAAAHHHHH!!!! is a much more devistating move and if he hits that without pinning he should definitely get the points. Plus he hits the regular Brainbuster quite a bit without getting the pin.

Again I haven't seen Rave on the Indy's in a long time, so I wasn't aware he was using a Heel Hook. I can toss that in there.

MsChif I think I will actually change because I've watched a few recent matches of hers and yes she's winning a lot more with the Desecrator.
SeeDub
Good Brother

Post by SeeDub »

I'm leaving Aries as the 450 because although he does win quite a bit with just the Brainbuster, when he wins with the 450 he usually sets it up with the Brainbuster, so I don't want him getting that many extra points.
Fair enough, I just think he does it rarely since his heel turn.
And Albright's is definitely the Crowbar as that is what is always hyped as his finisher, especially during the series I've just been watching with Claudio.
When he entered ROH sure, but for the past year or so he's been winning his matches with the half nelson suplex.
What is the Billy Goat's Curse? I obviously haven't seen Cabana on the Indy's in a long time so I put his finisher as the Colt 45 and gave him the reverse Boston Crab that he used to use as a signature.
It's the reverse boston crab, he used it throughout his OVW stretch and won with it in his return ROH TV match, so I assume it's his primary finisher now.
Has Richards been winning with the Kimura? I couldn't think of what he had been using recently when I wrote this up and wasn't about to go look through show results to find out, so I just gave him the standard DR Driver with the old SSP as a signature(although he hasn't busted that out in a long time).
He still does the DR Driver from time to to time but ever since the NRC he's making people tap out to the Kimura. I haven't seen his SSP since his first year in ROH.
And again, has Delirious been winning with a Cobra Stretch? From what I can remember he's been using the Shadows Over Hell a lot more.
I wasn't sure on this one... His 'Shadows Over Hell' doesn't even register as a finisher to me as he's used it as a mid-match move for many years. Maybe he beats jobbers with it now, but it always took the Cobra Stretch or Chemical Imbalance II to take out the regular stars.
I'm leaving Generico as is because the BRAINBUSTAAAAAHHHHH!!!! is a much more devistating move and if he hits that without pinning he should definitely get the points. Plus he hits the regular Brainbuster quite a bit without getting the pin.
I realise it's more devastating but he hits it so rarely... most times he and Steen pick up wins with the Package Piledriver/Brainbuster combo.

However, these are obviously your choices to make - I just figured you might need some input.
The Lawnmower
Post Whore

Post by The Lawnmower »

Yeah the reverse Boston Crab is what I put as the Chicago Crab, as that's what it was called on his Wiki. I think I'll actually leave that as a signature for now and if he continues to use it in ROH then I'll switch them, per Stablewars finisher/signature rules.

And sorry, but I'm pretty stuborn on the Albright front. The last few ROH DVD's have had the Claudio/Albright feud on it and he's using the Crowbar as his finisher right now and bragging about it. It's not like he's not going to get points for finishing guys with the Half-Nelson, I just think he should get points for applying the Crowbar.

Yeah, Delirious has almost definitely been finishing guys with Shadows Over Hell. Of course a lot of his recent wins have been against jobbers, so yeah, he is using it as a finisher against jobbers. I'll throw the Cobra Stretch in there as a signature.

Fine, I'll switch Generico's Brainbusters around. Watch now he starts doing the Turnbuckle Brainbuster constantly.
MMH
Superstar

Post by MMH »

I have D-Lo Brown on my roster, but it says there's some sort of error.
This Post Has Been Brought to You by the Mega Mega Network
The Lawnmower
Post Whore

Post by The Lawnmower »

MMH wrote:I have D-Lo Brown on my roster, but it says there's some sort of error.
I took a wild guess at what the problem was, but I was right. Apparently Stablewars doesn't like commas in guys names, as I had him entered as "D'Lo Brown". I changed it to D-Lo.