The Apprentice - Task #1

Compete against others to be chosen as the newest Apprentice!
DudeyDan
Superstar

The Apprentice - Task #1

Post by DudeyDan » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:35 am

Welcome to Stablewars' very first edition of The Apprentice! From the hundreds of thousands of applicants, I have whittled it down to who I think the 11 best people are. (i.e. Thanks for signing up!)

So let’s get straight down to it, here are the teams:

Team A
- Mackinlee
- nines
- sirmikeknight
- The Maryland Mauler
- Matt Sin - PM

Team B - Win
- Da Mayer
- JSIMP
- Ed Philly - PM
- KevIncredible
- Original Punk
- MVH

You should now have access to your team’s private forum where you will work with your team to complete tasks over the coming weeks. If anyone doesn't have access then let me know!

The first things you need to do are:
- Come up with a team name which will be used throughout the whole process.
- Decide who will be Project Manager for the first task.

You have 48 hours from now to do those 2 things.

Task #1

The first task will require creativity and writing skills as you need to invent a new unique wrestler that could debut in WWE.

Things to consider: Name, appearance, gimmick, wrestling style, finisher, entrance, background, potential feuds/storylines with current stars and anything else you’d like to include.

Each team must submit a detailed description of no more than 500 words before Wednesday Sep 21st at 11pm EST by PM to me.

Once the task is complete, I will review both team's submissions and invite you all into the boardroom where I will announce which team has won. The losing team's PM will choose two other team members to join him in the boardroom where one of you will get fired.

Project Managers (once chosen), utilize your team as you see fit - you could delegate areas of work to members who you think are capable. Your team’s success will be dependent on how you organize and work with your team to get the best out of them!
Last edited by DudeyDan on Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

DudeyDan
Superstar

Re: The Apprentice - Task #1

Post by DudeyDan » Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:15 pm

Not impressed thus far, gentlemen. Team names and PM choices were due in by now. How is it that all 11 of you managed to miss the deadline? I should fire all of you! But, I can't do that, because then this game would be a bigger failure than Nascar Survivor and I can't in good conscience let that happen. So, somebody give me something soon or there will be repercussions!

DudeyDan
Superstar

Post by DudeyDan » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:20 am

Thank you. So we have League of Extraordinary Gentlemen with their Project Manager Matt Sin, and Everything Rhymes with Orange who have chosen Ed Philly as their Project Manager. Now let's get on with the task!

And remember the deadline! Deadline extensions can be requested but will almost always be unmercifully denied.

KevIncredible
Legend

Post by KevIncredible » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:39 pm

Does the other team suck as bad as my team does?

DudeyDan
Superstar

Post by DudeyDan » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:29 am

Not quite. Sort your team out Ed.

DudeyDan
Superstar

Post by DudeyDan » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:49 am

Apparently some people didn't see the task until a couple of days after it was posted so I'll extend the deadline to Friday at 11pm EST. I will PM you all next time so no excuses!

Mackinlee
Hall of Famer

Post by Mackinlee » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:59 am

:lol:

DudeyDan
Superstar

Post by DudeyDan » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:15 am

THE BOARDROOM
Welcome to the boardroom! Here we will review the performances of both teams and then I will fire one of the members of the losing team. The aim of this task was to create a unique wrestler that could debut in the WWE so let's take a look at both teams submissions...

Everything Rhymes with Orange
Ed Philly wrote:The Mona Lisa

Description: Long black hair, wearing a black jumpsuit during battles. During entrances, She wears a leather trench coat while walking to the ring, once inside she strips her coat off and throws it to a lucky fan.

Background: Coming from a family of nothing but painters, Mona Lisa wanted something else. She didn't want control or to be the next person in her family to own the family business so she started working as a manager and occasional wrestler. As she managed, she was also training to be the best of the best female wrestlers out there. After a few years of managing some of the new WWE recruits, they finally decided to give back by telling WWE about her. She was offered a tryout and WWE was very impressed after defeating Kharma clean. Realizing that she turned her back on her family, she went to creative with a suggestion for a gimmick, a caricature artist. Before her match, She draws a picture of them and on her way to the ring, she shows the WWE Universe her perfection drawing. Sometimes she hands her opponent the picture, other times she smashes her opponents head through it.

Famous Feuds: Beth Phoenix

Finisher: Picture Perfect Spinebuster

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Nothing!

So the winners by default are Everything Rhymes With Orange which means somebody from League of Extraordinary Gentlemen will be getting fired! Well done to Ed Philly and his team for coming up with an original idea but I think you could have added some more detail, but at least you came up with something. Matt's team came up with some ideas but for one reason or another didn't get an entry sent in, so Matt I need the name of 2 of your team mates who you think were responsible for the failure of this task. In the meantime, I have some questions...

sirmikeknight, how do you think Matt Sin performed as project manager?

Mackinlee, who were the weak links on your team?

The Maryland Mauler, what did you contribute to this task?

Matt Sin, what did you think of the other teams submission?

nines, this task was a disaster for your team but who, if anyone, made helpful contributions?

Everything Rhymes With Orange - You are safe for now but I expect a vast improvement from all of you in the next task.

sirmikeknight
Main Eventer

Post by sirmikeknight » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:14 pm

Honestly, I think Matt Sin did a great job, just none of us could back him up when he needed us.

nines
Midcarder

Post by nines » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:58 pm

I think Mauler didnt post anything after the name was chosen
Achievement
Stablewars Stablewars Season 8 Winner
UFC 129 Play-Per-View winner
Winner of the Fourth Alignment Wars
Current United States Champion
Current TNA World Champion
[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_XgUh-2vXAbs/T ... jjjjjj.gif[/img]

sirmikeknight
Main Eventer

Post by sirmikeknight » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:03 pm

nines wrote:I think Mauler didnt post anything after the name was chosen
That wasn't the question he asked

nines
Midcarder

Post by nines » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:02 pm

Matt sin did everything mainly i did like the name to tell you the truth
Achievement

The Maryland Mauler
Main Eventer

Post by The Maryland Mauler » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:17 pm

Nothing. Fire me.
Former WWE Champion (x1)(4th longest SW WWE Champion)
2010 Stablewars King of the Ring
UFC 130 PPV Winner
2013 KMD Royal Rumble Winner

nines
Midcarder

Post by nines » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:44 pm

Sorry im meant to say i dont like the name
Achievement

sirmikeknight
Main Eventer

Post by sirmikeknight » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:12 pm

Matt Sin came up with the entire layout... Mack and I contributed a little bit. Bottom line is, when Matt needed it, nobody was there to step up and help him out. Mauler helped pick the name of our team by providing a HUGE list of possibilities and nines through out the occasional TERRIBLE idea.