The Apprentice - Task #4

Compete against others to be chosen as the newest Apprentice!
Mackinlee
Hall of Famer

Re: The Apprentice - Task #4

Post by Mackinlee » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:07 am

:th:

DudeyDan
Superstar

Post by DudeyDan » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:33 am

SW World Cup – It’s an OK name considering it’s based on football. It’s nothing like the format of the World Cup though...?

Not sure why you have decided to try and merger the styles of football and wrestling as there aren’t that many people on the site who like football/soccer. However, I like how you’ve assigned each position a different category from the SW Salary List. I think you should’ve chosen “midfielder” rather than “all rounders” since they are a key part of football and you have all the other positions.

So you stay with the same team for the whole game and can only make one trade. So you don’t really do much then. It seems like quite a long game too as it would last 10 weeks even with only 5 players signing up so I can see people getting bored and losing interest since they’re not doing much.

It’s definitely a unique game though and one that could work but it doesn’t really stand out to me.

----------

Top Manager – OK name.

Reading the first few rules it seems very similar to SSeries Wars. Good example demonstrating how it works and I can see how it’s different from SSeries with the scoring and you get to choose who to eliminate. I’m always worried when I see games giving points for thing like promos because whoever is the gamemaster will obviously have to watch the whole of every episode of Raw, SD, NXT and Superstars each week. If you are willing to do that though then that’s fine.

----------

It's a tough one but overall I would say I prefer Top Manager because it seems a bit more interesting and if you are going to make a game based on the best sport in the world (football/soccer) then it should be more spectacular than that.

Matt Sin, you did a much better job than you did last time you were PM since you actually sent something in this time but I’m afraid you lose this task. It seemed like you just went with the first idea your team came up with when you should’ve come up with a few different ones. I need you to choose 2 team mates who you think were responsible for the failure of this task.

Matt Sin
Hall of Famer

Post by Matt Sin » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:41 am

Well nines came up with the idea so Mackinlee and JSIMP.

Ed Philly
Titlewars TNA Tag Team Champion

Post by Ed Philly » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:43 am

:shock:

The teacher turns on his student!!

BUM BUM BUUUUMMMMMMMM!
Box Fort Builder
Respect The Threat
2011 Funniest Member
PPV Wars S27 Winner
Jobber Wars S42 Winner
Bracket Brawl S46 Winner
3 Time Survivor Winner (Season 88, 89 & 186)
2 Time TNA PPV Winner

Da Mayer
Titlewars WWE Champion

Post by Da Mayer » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:48 pm

Great Job Team!
Reading the first few rules it seems very similar to SSeries Wars. Good example demonstrating how it works and I can see how it’s different from SSeries with the scoring and you get to choose who to eliminate. I’m always worried when I see games giving points for thing like promos because whoever is the gamemaster will obviously have to watch the whole of every episode of Raw, SD, NXT and Superstars each week. If you are willing to do that though then that’s fine.
In the game, Superstars & NXT wouldn't count. The rules stated: "RAW, SD! & PPV's will count."
Longest & 1st ROH TW Tag Team Champion w/Viper
1st ever TW Divas Champion
1st Person to hold 3 women's TW titles
11x Titlewars Champion
9x PPV Champion
3x SASBY winner

Creating Champions, Becoming Legends.

Matt Sin
Hall of Famer

Post by Matt Sin » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:09 pm

DudeyDan wrote:Matt Sin, you did a much better job than you did last time you were PM since you actually sent something in this time but I’m afraid you lose this task. It seemed like you just went with the first idea your team came up with when you should’ve come up with a few different ones. I need you to choose 2 team mates who you think were responsible for the failure of this task.
Not to really harp on this but should it really matter. We saw the idea and all immediately liked it so we ran with it. Who cares how many bad ideas were thrown out?

Also, should our "work in progress" forum/discussion really be taken into account when you are reviewing our final product?

I won't debate the results, I just felt I needed to state my piece.

Mackinlee
Hall of Famer

Post by Mackinlee » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:48 pm

I'm toast.

Mmmmmmm, toast.

DudeyDan
Superstar

Post by DudeyDan » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:14 am

Matt Sin wrote:Not to really harp on this but should it really matter. We saw the idea and all immediately liked it so we ran with it. Who cares how many bad ideas were thrown out?
Because you only got one idea from one member of the team. The others might have had other ideas that were even better. How do you know they would be bad ideas? I think your team was lazy and just went with the first idea that was thrown out.
Matt Sin wrote:Also, should our "work in progress" forum/discussion really be taken into account when you are reviewing our final product?
I am reviewing your final product, I didn't base my decision on anything in your forum. After I've decided who the winning team is, I usually have a look in your forum to see how you got to the end result. You lost because your game wasn't as good as the other teams'. I was offering a possible explanation as to why you lost - because you only came up with one idea.

Matt Sin, Mackinlee, JSIMP - Why shouldn't I fire you? Who should be fired?

Matt Sin
Hall of Famer

Post by Matt Sin » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:59 pm

DudeyDan wrote:
Matt Sin wrote:Not to really harp on this but should it really matter. We saw the idea and all immediately liked it so we ran with it. Who cares how many bad ideas were thrown out?
Because you only got one idea from one member of the team. The others might have had other ideas that were even better. How do you know they would be bad ideas? I think your team was lazy and just went with the first idea that was thrown out.
As you will note in our forum, the other members stated they liked nines' idea and suggested we go with it. If they had better ideas, none were provided or shared and we went with it.

JSIMP
Legend

Post by JSIMP » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:59 pm

DudeyDan wrote:Matt Sin, Mackinlee, JSIMP - Why shouldn't I fire you? Who should be fired?
You should not fire me because, while admittedly this task was not in my strong suit, I still feel like on each of the prior tasks I contributed at a very solid level, particularly when I was PM. Also, prior to this task, whatever team I have been on has won each task.

I am not sure who you should fire. I don't like putting anyone on the spot, but it should not be me.

Mackinlee
Hall of Famer

Post by Mackinlee » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:16 pm

You shouldn't fire me, because I'm the man. Great ideas to every task, support team mates 100%, I'm a workalcoholic, and I'm all around a great business man.

Fire JSIMP.

Matt Sin
Hall of Famer

Post by Matt Sin » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:32 am

I don't think I should be fired because I contribute to every task and specifically with this one I took the random ideas we had with nines and brought it down to a solid format that we all agreed on.

I would suggest JSIMP to be fired as Mackinlee did help drive to game to what it would end up being.

KevIncredible
Legend

Post by KevIncredible » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:40 pm

Matt's getting canned

DudeyDan
Superstar

Post by DudeyDan » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:30 pm

JSIMP, you are correct that you were the only person to have won every task up until this one. Now that may be down to you or you might have just got lucky but I'm willing to give you another chance so you're safe.

Matt Sin & Mackinlee, you have both contributed to every task so this is a tough decision. Matt, you were very lucky not to be fired in the first task when you were PM but I'm afraid your luck has now run out. You have been a good contestant but Matt Sin, You're Fired!

Mackinlee, we'll find out if you are "a great business man" because I'd like you to be Project Manager on the next task.

I'm just working out the details of the next task, expect it to be posted within 24 hours.

Matt Sin
Hall of Famer

Post by Matt Sin » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:24 pm

Expected after my comments but I respect your decision.

Good luck to all.