The Apprentice - Task #5

Compete against others to be chosen as the newest Apprentice!
JSIMP
Legend

Re: The Apprentice - Task #5

Post by JSIMP » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:14 pm

The confusing part is what triggers "going bust."

I could understand going bust if we were spending more than we were pulling in.

sirmikeknight
Main Eventer

Post by sirmikeknight » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:07 pm

it was clearly explained. Before you actually went bust you did pay off debt. It's simple math. You had a 15% chance of going bust. Once we realized we weren't going to get the Promotion or Wrestler we wanted we knew we had only 2 chances to beat you. We could either:

Try to take all the other wrestlers before you did or; if you went bust. That is why we paid off our debt at the beginning. We knew if we paid it off we would have no chance at the same fate. We had to play it smart and back it off and just hope. It was our only shot, it worked out, that doesn't mean it would always work out.

JSIMP
Legend

Post by JSIMP » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:47 pm

Well good job. It was definitely a smart move to remove all doubt.

sirmikeknight
Main Eventer

Post by sirmikeknight » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:15 am

It wouldnt have meant a damn thing unless you guys went bust though. If that didn't happen we would be in the same position you're in now. All in all this was probably the best apprentice game yet.

DudeyDan
Superstar

Post by DudeyDan » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:42 am

Just for completeness...

Show 9

Fulham Wrestling Federation

No Action

- Revenue per show: $150
- Cost per show: $90
- Current Profits: $60 per show

Show 9:
Opening Balance: $60
Profit from Show: +$60
Did you go bust? (20%): No
Total Cash: $120
FWF is a medium-risk company with a 20% chance of going bust each day. Debt can be paid off in instalments of $40, reducing the risk of going bust by 5%.

It often sells out its small venue and there is high demand for tickets. The capacity can be upgraded at a cost of $90, increasing revenues by 20% each time.
----------------

Unstoppable Elite Wrestling

Upgrade Arena
Cash: $472 - $150 = $322

- Revenue per show: $560 + (20% x $560) = $672
- Cost per show: $160
- Current Profits: $512 per show

Show 9:
Opening Balance: $322
Profit from Show: +$512
Did you go bust? (0%): No
Total Cash: $834
UEW has steady profits and has a 10% chance of collapsing each day. Debt can be paid off in instalments of $50, reducing the risk of going bust by 5% each time.

The UEW arena can be upgraded at a cost of $150, increasing revenues by 20% each time.
--------------------------

These wrestlers are available to sign:
Spoiler!!! :
Billy Brutus
Billy can be signed for an initial fee of $200. After which his wage will be $10 per show. He is a relatively popular wrestler so he usually increases revenues of companies by 40 - 60%. He is particularly popular in the Boston area.

The Dudemeister
The Dudemeister can be signed for an initial fee of $300 and his wage is $20 per show thereafter. Everyone loves to come and see The Dudemeister kick some skulls in so he often increases revenues of companies by 100 – 140%. The locals in Fulham are particularly excited to watch him in action.

“Little” Jimmy Coleman
Jimmy can be signed for an initial cost of $200 after which his wage will be $10 per show. Nobody quite knows what to expect from Jimmy, he can be brilliant or atrocious, so revenues can increase from anywhere between 10 and 90%!

Fernando Luiz
Fernando can be signed for an initial fee of $200 and his wage will be $20 per show. He can increase revenues by 30 – 70% and is particularly popular in the Midlands.

King Kenny
Kenny can be signed for an initial fee of $100 and his wage will be $15 per show. He has quite a big following so he can increase revenues from 20 – 50%.

Amigo Toxico
Toxico can be signed for an initial fee of $50 and his wage will be $35 per show thereafter. He has the potential to increase your company’s revenues by 40 – 60%. He is particularly popular in Full Metal Wrestling.

Psycho Nova
Psycho Nova can be signed for an initial fee of $150 and his wage will be $25 per show. He can increase revenues anywhere from 50 - 70%

DudeyDan
Superstar

Post by DudeyDan » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:42 am

Show 10

Fulham Wrestling Federation

No Action

- Revenue per show: $150
- Cost per show: $90
- Current Profits: $60 per show

Show 10:
Opening Balance: $120 $0
Profit from Show: +$60
Did you go bust? (20%): Yes
Total Cash: $60
FWF is a medium-risk company with a 20% chance of going bust each day. Debt can be paid off in instalments of $40, reducing the risk of going bust by 5%.

It often sells out its small venue and there is high demand for tickets. The capacity can be upgraded at a cost of $90, increasing revenues by 20% each time.
----------------

Unstoppable Elite Wrestling

- Revenue per show: $672
- Cost per show: $160
- Current Profits: $512 per show

Show 10:
Opening Balance: $834
Profit from Show: +$512
Did you go bust? (0%): No
Total Cash: $1346
UEW has steady profits and has a 10% chance of collapsing each day. Debt can be paid off in instalments of $50, reducing the risk of going bust by 5% each time.

The UEW arena can be upgraded at a cost of $150, increasing revenues by 20% each time.
--------------------------

Well done Everything Rhymes with Orange, you have won this task and you are all moving on to Task 6. Even KevIncredible, who am I hoping will get involved in the next task...

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, the three of you will be joining me in the boardroom where one of you will be fired.

DudeyDan
Superstar

Post by DudeyDan » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:24 am

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, you seemed to take a risky approach to this task. Was this what you intended or did you not fully understand the task? The other team actually took one of the worst companies in my opinion, but they understood the task and realized they couldn't afford to "go bust" and paid off their debt pretty quickly. To take quite a risky company and not attempt to reduce the risk at all until Show 8 was madness.

Mackinlee, you told me you were "a great business man". I didn't see much evidence on this task to back this up. Did you have a plan on this task? Who was responsible for the failure of this task? Why shouldn't I fire you? (And don't tell me it's because you're a great business man)

JSIMP, what did you contribute to this task? Did you understand the task? Why did your team lose this task? Who was responsible? Why shouldn't I fire you?

nines, do you think you did everything you could to support your team on this task? What did you think of Mackinlee's performance as PM? Who should be fired? Why shouldn't I fire you?

JSIMP
Legend

Post by JSIMP » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:35 am

DudeyDan wrote:League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, you seemed to take a risky approach to this task. Was this what you intended or did you not fully understand the task? The other team actually took one of the worst companies in my opinion, but they understood the task and realized they couldn't afford to "go bust" and paid off their debt pretty quickly. To take quite a risky company and not attempt to reduce the risk at all until Show 8 was madness.

JSIMP, what did you contribute to this task? Did you understand the task? Why did your team lose this task? Who was responsible? Why shouldn't I fire you?
I guess we did not understand what would trigger us going bust.

On this task, I made specific breakdowns of things we could choose to do for certain days, and made it clear what would be the exact outcome of our actions. One of the options DID include paying off debt. Mack told us that he thought the % of going bust was still low enough.

Even later, when Mack started to think of the idea of paying off debt, he would ask, "which should we do, pay off debt OR increase our crowd" instead of realizing that we could do both.

We lost because we went bust.

Mack was responsible.

I shouldn't be fired because I was a very solid contributor to this task.

DX_lives_on
Main Eventer

Post by DX_lives_on » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:33 pm

JSIMP wrote:
DudeyDan wrote:League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, you seemed to take a risky approach to this task. Was this what you intended or did you not fully understand the task? The other team actually took one of the worst companies in my opinion, but they understood the task and realized they couldn't afford to "go bust" and paid off their debt pretty quickly. To take quite a risky company and not attempt to reduce the risk at all until Show 8 was madness.

I guess we did not understand what would trigger us going bust.

On this task, I made specific breakdowns of things we could choose to do for certain days, and made it clear what would be the exact outcome of our actions. One of the options DID include paying off debt. Mack told us that he thought the % of going bust was still low enough.

Even later, when Mack started to think of the idea of paying off debt, he would ask, "which should we do, pay off debt OR increase our crowd" instead of realizing that we could do both.

We lost because we went bust.

Mack was responsible.

I shouldn't be fired because I was a very solid contributor to this task.
Screaming at the Stablevision.... "How the hell could you not understand about going bust? Always look to pay off debt!"
[b]
Longest running Legends/Global/TV TNA Champ!
I don't look at explosions!
Ricardo Rodriguez can suck my balls!
[/b]

Mackinlee
Hall of Famer

Post by Mackinlee » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:13 am

DudeyDan wrote:Mackinlee, you told me you were "a great business man". I didn't see much evidence on this task to back this up. Did you have a plan on this task? Who was responsible for the failure of this task? Why shouldn't I fire you? (And don't tell me it's because you're a great business man)

Yes. The plan was to go with Fulham and get the Dudemeister and JUST him. We planned on increasing the crowd and paying off debt one step at the time, to two-at-the-same-time. But nines and JSIMP INSISTED on getting more wrestlers and doing more than one action at a time. I was out voted. PM or not, I listen to my team mates. We work together at a team to get a job done. That's what being a great business man is all about.

And if you look at it, the last action was given by JSIMP, not be. I was away working on closed matters and gave JSIMP the power to post the action after dealing it out with nines, thus us going bust. The risk of team work at it's finest.

You shouldn't fire me. I have a wife and two kids to feed. I have so much to give to you, Mr. Dudey sir. Tis the season to be jolly.

Ed Philly
Titlewars TNA Tag Team Champion

Post by Ed Philly » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:05 am

Box Fort Builder
Respect The Threat
2011 Funniest Member
PPV Wars S27 Winner
Jobber Wars S42 Winner
Bracket Brawl S46 Winner
3 Time Survivor Winner (Season 88, 89 & 186)
2 Time TNA PPV Winner

JSIMP
Legend

Post by JSIMP » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:20 pm

Hey Mack suggested that I be fired last task. I will say, though, that I think Mack gives a team a better chance at completing a task successfully than Mr. one post per task, nines.

Da Mayer
Titlewars WWE Champion

Post by Da Mayer » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:56 pm

Then why didnt you just say that and say he should be fired instead?
Longest & 1st ROH TW Tag Team Champion w/Viper
1st ever TW Divas Champion
1st Person to hold 3 women's TW titles
11x Titlewars Champion
9x PPV Champion
3x SASBY winner

Creating Champions, Becoming Legends.

JSIMP
Legend

Post by JSIMP » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:16 pm

Was throwing under bus, and giving the karma that whoever is suggested to be fired doesn't get fired... Like Task 4.

Mackinlee
Hall of Famer

Post by Mackinlee » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:01 pm

JSIMP is right there, nines posted very little.