Announcement: Site Ownership Transfer & Hosting Upgrade

Any site related announcements from the Admins/Mods will appear here.

Moderators: Mackinlee, Franchise

Franchise
Hall of Famer

Announcement: Site Ownership Transfer & Hosting Upgrade

Post by Franchise » Mon May 11, 2015 1:20 pm

After a series of discussions with Suki over the last couple of weeks, he has agreed to transition ownership of the site to me. Everything's business as usual from a practical standpoint but this will allow us to properly manage any outages, prolonged slowness with the site (like what happened recently), or any other hosting concerns we have. I just wanted to publicly thank Suki for not only the help he's provided to me and Mack over the last year so we could continue to keep the site going, but also for all of the hard work he did while he owned and ran the site on a day to day level. Pretty much all of what we have from a Main Event Game standpoint wouldn't exist without the enhancements he's made over the years and that is a huge deal. As I mentioned to him recently, hopefully he comes back one day and if he wants to resume ownership, etc, I'd be happy to step aside.

With that said, I have purchased a slight upgrade to the hosting and extended the hosting term out to 2022 so it more closely matches when the pre-paid domain reg expires. While I will be able to transfer all of the files at my leisure over the next week or so without any downtime, in order to completely switch over to the new server, there will be a slight outage next week. The host has assured me it shouldn't take long barring unforeseen complications but at most could take up to 24 hours in a worst case scenario. I've discussed this with Mack over the last day or so and we feel that the night of the 19th would be the best time to accomplish this. Around 11pm or so on May 19th (next Tuesday), I will be taking the site offline in order to completely back-up the database and move it over to the new server. Once that has been completed, I will be able to switch the site over to the new server and bring it back online. While I am hoping it's back up within a few hours, I cannot make any promises.

I realize this will be an inconvenience and profusely apologize in advance. Please make sure to get those NXT PPV picks in before Tuesday night just in case this takes longer than expected.
- 5x SW
- 31x TW
- 2x PPV
- 3x MITB
- 2x EWars
- 4x Survivor
- 2x TV Wars
- 2x Cup Games
- 3x PPV Wars
- 1x iWars
- 1x Ultimate Endurance
- 3x Jobber Wars
- 2x Bracket Brawl
- 6x Tag Team Challenge
- 1x Last Man Standing
- 1x SW Draft
- 1x Play-Per-View League

ILCN
Post Whore

Re: Announcement: Site Ownership Transfer & Hosting Upgrade

Post by ILCN » Mon May 11, 2015 1:41 pm

Did someone say....May 19th??

Not 1 of 7 people on a dead website.

GM Bike
Post Whore

Post by GM Bike » Mon May 11, 2015 2:24 pm

What an epic announcement! I'm glad to hear this seems like a mutual agreement, and I couldn't agree more. We couldn't thank Suki enough for all the time and energy he's put into this site. :th:
ImageImage
First & ONLY 6, 7 AND 8-Time Stablewars Champion
17-Time Titlewars Champion, Current Tri-Champion (NXT/ROH Tag & ROH TV)
Longest Reigning Champion All-Time (1,316 Days)
17-Time PPV Champion
2017 WWE & ROH PPV Grand Champion

nWo 4 Life
🤘

MVH
Legend

Post by MVH » Mon May 11, 2015 2:26 pm

Watsuki, thanks for everything. :bow:

With that being said, this was long overdue. Feels like we can finally move on and do stuff without being restricted by whatever. This is a huge announcement!

And thanks again 'Chise! You are now the chosen one.
I'm here... sometimes

--> Full List of Accomplishments <--

The Big Dog
Legend

Post by The Big Dog » Mon May 11, 2015 4:23 pm

This site is now American owned? Assault rifles for everyone!!!!!

Mackinlee
Hall of Famer

Post by Mackinlee » Mon May 11, 2015 5:24 pm

Again well done Franchise. :th:

Matt Sin
Hall of Famer

Post by Matt Sin » Tue May 12, 2015 2:08 pm

Damn Americans taking our jobs!
Expand... :

Rookie_Monster
Mr. Workrate

Post by Rookie_Monster » Tue May 12, 2015 6:10 pm

Was 'Suki reluctant to give it up for awhile? Just wondering why it would be a series of discussions. Doesn't really make sense. He's a dad and I assume busy as shit. 'Chise has the time, energy and commitment to do what needs to be done.

Well done, 'Chise.

Rookie_Monster
Mr. Workrate

Post by Rookie_Monster » Tue May 12, 2015 6:12 pm

Having kids seems to knock people out of day to day activities on here.

Well, except ILCN. And Matt.

But their love for each other brings them back day to day, I guess.

Franchise
Hall of Famer

Post by Franchise » Tue May 12, 2015 9:05 pm

Not really reluctant per say. That was maybe poor wording on my part about the series of discussions and what not but I had never broached the subject before a few weeks ago because it didn't seem necessary. I also hated bugging him about stuff so I tried not to but after the slow database server issues we had for that week long period when we couldn't get the host to do anything and Suki was away, it just seemed like a good idea to explore it. Suki was very receptive and responded that same night I reached out with all the info I needed to get access to the host in the interim and also said he would transition it to me if I was willing to assume ownership. So he was fine with it then and we really only had one follow-up discussion where it was just me clarifying and officially asking permission to make sure he was cool with me putting my name and payment info on the account. There was just something I wanted to do with the email/hosting option and taking advantage of a current hosting discount so I wanted to make sure he didn't object before doing anything. Also wanted to make sure they charged me for it and not him.

I was also reluctant to even approach him initially about it because I know he had mentioned before when he first posted about not having enough time a year and a half ago or so and that he always hoped things would eventually settle down so he would have the time again and he reiterated that to me a few weeks ago but it didn't seem to and he mentioned a few times that he's really lost interest in wrestling in general too. As I told him and reiterated here, he's done so much for this site over the years that if he ever wanted to come back in the future once things settle down for him and resume ownership, I'd be more than happy to step aside.

One thing I did want to do tho is look into making someone here a secondary technical contact of sorts on the account in terms of calling the host up if needed in case we ever experienced a server related issue like the slowness or whatever and I wasn't available to do it for some reason. I need to talk to the host and to Mack separately about that and see what can be done.
- 5x SW
- 31x TW
- 2x PPV
- 3x MITB
- 2x EWars
- 4x Survivor
- 2x TV Wars
- 2x Cup Games
- 3x PPV Wars
- 1x iWars
- 1x Ultimate Endurance
- 3x Jobber Wars
- 2x Bracket Brawl
- 6x Tag Team Challenge
- 1x Last Man Standing
- 1x SW Draft
- 1x Play-Per-View League

The Big Dog
Legend

Post by The Big Dog » Tue May 12, 2015 9:30 pm

Franchise: Conqueror of Canada wrote:
One thing I did want to do tho is look into making someone here a secondary technical contact of sorts on the account in terms of calling the host up if needed in case we ever experienced a server related issue like the slowness or whatever and I wasn't available to do it for some reason. I need to talk to the host and to Mack separately about that and see what can be done.
I feel like you were trying to say "really, really drunk" on the bolded part.

Matt Sin
Hall of Famer

Post by Matt Sin » Tue May 12, 2015 11:50 pm

Rookie_Monster wrote:Well, except ILCN. And Matt.

But their love for each other brings them back day to day, I guess.
Our love is eternal.
Expand... :

LiQuid
Superstar

Post by LiQuid » Wed May 13, 2015 12:12 am

You mean internal?

ILCN
Post Whore

Post by ILCN » Wed May 13, 2015 7:48 am

He must have meant internal. It's certainly not eternal; more like a minute at a time.

Having a kid has made it basically impossible to be on here in the evening. If I'm here it's because I'm at work.
Not 1 of 7 people on a dead website.

The Big Dog
Legend

Post by The Big Dog » Wed May 13, 2015 10:13 am

You should just ignore your kid. If you miss something, you can always have another one.