Brought in by Brock Lesnar

Hey Newbie, come here first! Introduce yourself and learn about the forum.

Moderator: Discussion Mods

cyre
Jobber

Brought in by Brock Lesnar

Post by cyre » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:37 pm

Hi forum, newbie here.

So, I started watching wrestling, specifically WWE the raw after wrestlemania 30. I started watching after hearing that Brock Lesnar had broken the streak.

I had known about the streak despite not really following wrestling so it was surprising to hear that something so big had ended and it intrigued me so much, that i had to start watching.

I wonder if anyone here got brought into wrestling in a similar way; something happened that intrigued them so much that they wanted to see more for themselves.

$hawn000
Midcarder

Re: Brought in by Brock Lesnar

Post by $hawn000 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:31 am

Welcome to Stablewars. That's an interesting way to start watching wrestling. If you've got any friends that watch, send over here to sign up. There's tons of games to play. Our main game, Stablewars starts in about 13 days I believe. Don't forget to sign up, have fun.
Former WWE World Heavyweight Champion :12/14/15 - 1/24/16
WrestleMania 32 PPV Winner
1st WWE Fastlane PPV Winner
Elimination Chamber 2017 PPV Winner
Weekly Wars 4 Winner
1x Mr. MitB

Matt Sin
Hall of Famer

Post by Matt Sin » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:32 pm

Welcome to the site, enjoy :th:
Spoiler!!! :

MVH
Legend

Post by MVH » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:33 pm

Welcome to the site! Feel free to participate in the various threads on the board, and check out all the games. :cheers:

It was the WWE games that made me interested in wrestling. I played the games with friends, and decided to check out the real deal.
I'm here... sometimes

--> Full List of Accomplishments <--

Mackinlee
Hall of Famer

Post by Mackinlee » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:35 pm

Welcome to the site, I'm glad you found us!

Undertaker was my favorite growing up, so it was heartbreaking to see the Streak end.

Ed Philly
Titlewars TNA Tag Team Champion

Post by Ed Philly » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:12 pm

cyre wrote:Hi forum, newbie here.

I wonder if anyone here got brought into wrestling in a similar way; something happened that intrigued them so much that they wanted to see more for themselves.
As a kid in the late 80's, Hogan was the guy to watch, and that's what originally drew me in. I stopped watching for a good 10yrs due to not having cable. Then when I finally got it, I saw a WCW commercial with Hogan, who was now the top heel leading the nWo, and I couldn't believe it. I HAD to find out what happened to my childhood hero, and I've suffered through the nonsense ever since.
Box Fort Builder
Respect The Threat
2011 Funniest Member
PPV Wars S27 Winner
Jobber Wars S42 Winner
Bracket Brawl S46 Winner
3 Time Survivor Winner (Season 88, 89 & 186)
2 Time TNA PPV Winner

Rookie_Monster
Post Whore

Post by Rookie_Monster » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:25 pm

Always blows my mind that people could be just be BECOMING wrestling fans for the first time. Logically, I know it's possible... but it's crazy for me to think that someone starts becoming a fan and has no idea of the background of the glory years to base things off of.

Ed Philly

Post by Ed Philly » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:54 pm

Rookie_Monster wrote:Always blows my mind that people could be just be BECOMING wrestling fans for the first time. Logically, I know it's possible... but it's crazy for me to think that someone starts becoming a fan and has no idea of the background of the glory years to base things off of.
It's especially a shame when you're jumping in during a low period in wrestling. We keep telling ourselves it can only get better from here, and there certainly is potential, but I do think that as of today, someone coming in has missed out on some amazing entertainment that you really had to see in the moment it was happening. Going back and watching Bash At The Beach 96, or seeing Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker at Wrestlemania doesn't seem like it would have the same magic if you weren't there from the beginning.

But then again, I wasn't around to watch the rise of Ric Flair, or see Bruno Sammartino retain his title for what, 7 years?

There's peaks and valleys, we all have to start somewhere.
Box Fort Builder
Respect The Threat
2011 Funniest Member
PPV Wars S27 Winner
Jobber Wars S42 Winner
Bracket Brawl S46 Winner
2 Time TNA PPV Winner

ILCN
Post Whore

Post by ILCN » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:02 pm

We're just old.

Ed Philly

Post by Ed Philly » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:06 pm

And all this time I thought Scott Hall was just jacking my look.
Box Fort Builder
Respect The Threat
2011 Funniest Member
PPV Wars S27 Winner
Jobber Wars S42 Winner
Bracket Brawl S46 Winner
2 Time TNA PPV Winner