Hey Everyone!

Hey Newbie, come here first! Introduce yourself and learn about the forum.

Moderator: Discussion Mods

User avatar
numbuh777
Curtain Jerker
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:26 pm

Re: Hey Everyone!

Post by numbuh777 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:39 pm

Mackinlee wrote:Welcome to the site and enjoy!

Just out of curiosity, how did you find out about Stablewars?
Believe it or not, I actually found an old email from Stablewars back from 2005. Figured that since I was watching again, what the hell? Also, the fantasy aspect of Stablewars seemed interesting, and the discussions here were actually rather positive. Beforehand, I used to get my wrestling news and rumours from lordsofpain.net, which is far more vitriolic.
“We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?” - The 11th Doctor

User avatar
Mackinlee
Hall of Famer
Posts: 40501
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:04 pm

Re: Hey Everyone!

Post by Mackinlee » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:01 pm

Awesome! Hope you enjoy your stay.
Image

User avatar
numbuh777
Curtain Jerker
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:26 pm

Re: Hey Everyone!

Post by numbuh777 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:35 pm

So, if it's not too much trouble, what is everyone's thoughts on the state of WWE (RAW, SD, NXT), the RR, and/or particular wrestlers or stables? Just as a recap for someone who only started following WWE again. And who the heck is Daniel Bryan, and why is everyone so excited about him?
“We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?” - The 11th Doctor

User avatar
legendkiller003
Legend
Posts: 19964
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:54 pm

Re: Hey Everyone!

Post by legendkiller003 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:05 pm

Whatever you do, don't listen to Franchise's views on Daniel Bryan.

He's Bryan Danielson from the indies, if you knew who that was when you previously followed wrestling. He was hyped up on the internet all the time, and eventually he came to WWE for the original NXT show. They had 8 guys compete to make the company, or however they billed it, but everyone from the show went onto TV after the show. He's a great wrestler, small in size, and early in his career he won the US Title, and eventually won the MITB match. They pulled the trigger on him cashing in to win the World Title, and as a heel at the time he began shouting "YES" every time he came to the ring. It caught on with fans leading up to WrestleMania 28, and as someone who was at that show it was crazy how many people were yelling "YES! YES!" before and during the show. Over time he became a babyface with crowds yelling his Yes chant every week, and after not being booked in the '14 Rumble Match there was outcry and backlash from fans who wanted him to be in the match and win it. After CM Punk left and creative changes Bryan ended up beating HHH to open WM30, and then Orton & Batista in the main event to win the title for the best Mania moment ever for the IWC. A few months later he needed neck surgery, which kept him out until Rumble '15, where fans again unleashed even more backlash than the previous year when Bryan entered in the middle of the match and only lasted 10 minutes. He won the IC Title at WM, but again had to vacate the title after a concussion and not being cleared to return by WWE. He has still not been cleared to return by WWE, yet has been cleared by personal doctors and concussion specialists at UCLA.
Image

User avatar
Mackinlee
Hall of Famer
Posts: 40501
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:04 pm

Re: Hey Everyone!

Post by Mackinlee » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:07 pm

LK gots the hookup.
Image

User avatar
PFR
Legend
Posts: 18061
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:37 am

Re: Hey Everyone!

Post by PFR » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:35 pm

You should definitely jump in the wrestling discussions in the wrestling section man...
Image
Hall of Famer
Undefeated*
If you find me offensive, stop being a pussy.

(-(-_(-_-)_-)-)

*Allegedly

User avatar
numbuh777
Curtain Jerker
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:26 pm

Re: Hey Everyone!

Post by numbuh777 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:49 pm

legendkiller003 wrote:Whatever you do, don't listen to Franchise's views on Daniel Bryan.

He's Bryan Danielson from the indies, if you knew who that was when you previously followed wrestling. He was hyped up on the internet all the time, and eventually he came to WWE for the original NXT show. They had 8 guys compete to make the company, or however they billed it, but everyone from the show went onto TV after the show. He's a great wrestler, small in size, and early in his career he won the US Title, and eventually won the MITB match. They pulled the trigger on him cashing in to win the World Title, and as a heel at the time he began shouting "YES" every time he came to the ring. It caught on with fans leading up to WrestleMania 28, and as someone who was at that show it was crazy how many people were yelling "YES! YES!" before and during the show. Over time he became a babyface with crowds yelling his Yes chant every week, and after not being booked in the '14 Rumble Match there was outcry and backlash from fans who wanted him to be in the match and win it. After CM Punk left and creative changes Bryan ended up beating HHH to open WM30, and then Orton & Batista in the main event to win the title for the best Mania moment ever for the IWC. A few months later he needed neck surgery, which kept him out until Rumble '15, where fans again unleashed even more backlash than the previous year when Bryan entered in the middle of the match and only lasted 10 minutes. He won the IC Title at WM, but again had to vacate the title after a concussion and not being cleared to return by WWE. He has still not been cleared to return by WWE, yet has been cleared by personal doctors and concussion specialists at UCLA.

Ah, alrighty then. Thank you for that. As I said, I'd only started watching 2 months ago, so right before Seth Rollins got injured. I definitely have a lot to catch up on.

My own personal opinion is that the WWE has done a terrible job of developing storylines, or to be more precise an intriguing story. The New Day has been a terrifically entertaining tag team, but their feuds don't seem to focus on a team in particular (Usos and Lucha Dragons for what, 2 weeks?). ADR's USA title defence seems almost an afterthought, especially since he's running around with the rest of the League of Nations. Dean Ambrose and Kevin Owens have the potential to be entertaining, but their story has been basically the same every week: "...and then they fight so hard it ends up with a DQ and a beatdown." Also, there's too many stables - League of Nations, Wyatt Family, and now the Social Outcasts.

Sorry about the rant. Feel free to discuss or ask me questions - after all, I'd love to be proven wrong and find out that the WWE Creative is actually creative after all.
“We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?” - The 11th Doctor

User avatar
numbuh777
Curtain Jerker
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:26 pm

Re: Hey Everyone!

Post by numbuh777 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:53 pm

By the way, apparently I just got second place in Play-Per-View. I might be missing something, but what happens now?
“We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?” - The 11th Doctor

User avatar
Mackinlee
Hall of Famer
Posts: 40501
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:04 pm

Re: Hey Everyone!

Post by Mackinlee » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:06 pm

If you were part of a faction, you would receive some points in Faction Supremacy. You if would have started at last years Extreme Rules, you could have accumulated enough points to go after the Grand Championship (from Extreme Rules 15 to WrestleMania 32).

It's a very good showing for a newcomer.
Image

Ed Philly
Titlewars TNA Tag Team Champion
Posts: 7643
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:56 pm

Re: Hey Everyone!

Post by Ed Philly » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:31 pm

Welcome to the site. I hope you find a reason to stick around. There's some really awesome people here and we're always looking for new guys to help keep things flowing.

Congrats on your 2nd place ranking. The Rumble is always a tough one.
Box Fort Builder
Respect The Threat
2011 Funniest Member
PPV Wars S27 Winner
Jobber Wars S42 Winner
Bracket Brawl S46 Winner
3 Time Survivor Winner (Season 88, 89 & 186)
2 Time TNA PPV Winner

User avatar
numbuh777
Curtain Jerker
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:26 pm

Re: Hey Everyone!

Post by numbuh777 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:38 pm

Mackinlee wrote:If you were part of a faction, you would receive some points in Faction Supremacy. You if would have started at last years Extreme Rules, you could have accumulated enough points to go after the Grand Championship (from Extreme Rules 15 to WrestleMania 32).
Okay, I see. Thanks. So I'd need to join a faction or wait until the whole cycle starts again?
Ed Philly wrote:Welcome to the site. I hope you find a reason to stick around. There's some really awesome people here and we're always looking for new guys to help keep things flowing.

Congrats on your 2nd place ranking. The Rumble is always a tough one.
Mackinlee wrote: It's a very good showing for a newcomer.
Thank you! I'll like to thank the Academy. And WWE's predictable booking.
“We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?” - The 11th Doctor

User avatar
Mackinlee
Hall of Famer
Posts: 40501
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:04 pm

Re: Hey Everyone!

Post by Mackinlee » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:43 pm

You can join a faction, or just play for overall bragging rights. On the home page all your wins and games are total so it's move you up in the Career Standings.
Image

User avatar
numbuh777
Curtain Jerker
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:26 pm

Re: Hey Everyone!

Post by numbuh777 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:22 am

So I was just over at the Stablewars Fastlane Thread (http://www.stablewars.com/forum/viewtop ... =1&t=34693), and I have absolutely no idea what is going on. What is this Forum Game? How is it scored? What is a 'jeans-only' boiler room brawl? Is it limited to certain members, or can anyone play?
“We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?” - The 11th Doctor

User avatar
Mackinlee
Hall of Famer
Posts: 40501
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:04 pm

Re: Hey Everyone!

Post by Mackinlee » Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:32 am

It's just fun we have challenging other members to silly matches. It's not really a forum game, but the scores are connected to the FastLane Play-Per-View. You say it was me vs. you, the player with the highest PPV score would win the match.
Image

User avatar
numbuh777
Curtain Jerker
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:26 pm

Re: Hey Everyone!

Post by numbuh777 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:25 am

Oh cool. Thanks for the explanation. Can I join in, or is it too late now?
“We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?” - The 11th Doctor

Post Reply