Stablewars: Missing finishers list

Moderator: SW Admins

Charlie
Post Whore
Reactions score: 0

Stablewars: Missing finishers list

Post by Charlie »

Here are complete list of finishers missing.

Ashley: Her finisher is called "Star Struck" whatever the hell that is... but she talked about it on Survivor and commericals for Survivor

Major Brothers: Brett uses a very high angle missile dropkick as his finisher. Their tag team finisher is an STO/Russian Legsweep combo.

Dave Taylor: His finisher has always been the Britiplex, a double underhook suplex pin w/bridge.

Harry Smith: He's used the running power slam as long as he's been wrestling.

Hornswaggle: Tadpole Splash

Jeff Hardy: The Twist of Fate should be his secondary.

Jerry Lawler: His fist drop off the second rope should be his secondary

Jillian Hall: Her finisher is a Full Nelson face buster called the "Face Lift"

Mick Foley: His secondary finisher should be a Double Arm DDT... it's the move that won him the WWE title for the third time.

Paul Burchill: He's using a jumping neckbreaker in OVW.

Randy Orton: Shouldn't the Punt be his secondary?

Ron Simmons: His finisher should be a powerslam, long established as his finisher.
Naturally Aivaz
Post Whore

Post by Naturally Aivaz »

The rules are, as I've understood since I've been the Heat scorekeeper, that they've needed to be used 3 times in a broadcast match to score a pinfall win to be counted as finishers... I could be wrong, but hitting them in a match and ending said match with them are two different things.
Charlie
Post Whore

Post by Charlie »

OK, fine... so why isn't Ron Simmons' finisher the Powerslam? Or the Spinebuster? He's used both of them as finishers for two decades now.

Diddo with Lawler's fistdrop.
Naturally Aivaz
Post Whore

Because they both retired. Ron Simmons, in his recent run, has only won 2 matches via spinebuster and powerslam... and those have been on Heat matches.

I don't even think Jerry Lawler's won once with the fist drop recently.
Charlie
Post Whore

Post by Charlie »

Oh give me a FUCKING BREAK, Simmons built up those moves as his finish over a 20 year period. I think they're established.

I guess this means Jericho's Walls of Jericho isn't established anymore. Or Austin's stunner. Or Hogan's legdrop.
Fuggly Bastard
Legend

Post by Fuggly Bastard »

It doesnt matter if they used it years ago, its what they're currently using. Austin's finisher when he was the ringmaster was the million dollar dream, should that be listed as a signature for him too?

Jericho's last used finisher was the Walls of Jericho, Austin's last used was the Stunner and Hogan's last used was the leg drop. That isnt the case with Ron Simmons. You're comparing apples to oranges.
[b]Two-Time Stablewars Champion - Seasons 20 & 32[/b]
Charlie
Post Whore

Post by Charlie »

Whatever.
Naturally Aivaz
Post Whore

Charlie wrote:Whatever.
If you'd like, I'll copy and paste the rules that the score keepers came up with LOOOOONG ago...
Charlie
Post Whore

Post by Charlie »

I understand I'm out of the loop, but this is totally against the spirit of the rules of the game that Crip, myself, and Ronin came up with over six years ago.
Watsuki
Legend

Post by Watsuki »

The three times rules is a relic from before my time so don't tell me that's not what Crip intended. To my knowledge he made it that way.
Two-Time WWE Stablewars Champion
Two-Time TNA Stablewars Champion
Ten-Time Titlewars Champion
WWE No Mercy 2003 Play-Per-View Champion
TNA Turning Point 2005 Play-Per-View Champion
UFC 68 Play-Per-View Champion
Charlie
Post Whore

Post by Charlie »

What?

That doesn't sound right.

Still, I would think someone establishing a move over the course of 20 years would overrule it. I mean, common sense people!
Naturally Aivaz
Post Whore

Faarooq used the Dominator more than he used the Powerslam in the last decade, so why don't we count the Dominator, too?
Charlie
Post Whore

Post by Charlie »

Naturally Aivaz wrote:Faarooq used the Dominator more than he used the Powerslam in the last decade, so why don't we count the Dominator, too?
He did? Did he even use it after 1998?
Naturally Aivaz
Post Whore

More times than he used the powerslam, I'm sure.
KingSmurf
Hall of Famer

Post by KingSmurf »

The thing I hate is, A.) When the announcers flat out don't know what the guy's finisher is and call it a slam when he wins all his matches with it and every internet reporter knows what it is. Have they ever acknowledged Lashley's finisher as the Lashlight? And, B.) When they know the finisher, but get it completely wrong like how JR called every DDT Christian did the Unprettier or how the Dominator became a Powerslam without anyone knowing.

Seriously, someone needs to school the announcers because they look like idiots sometimes. Would also make games easier to score if they could get their shit straight and the score keepers don't have to scratch their heads trying to figure out if that was the Dominator or a regular powerslam.