WWE Stablewars Season 43

Moderator: SW Admins

KingSmurf
Hall of Famer
Reactions score: 0

Re: WWE Stablewars Season 43

Post by KingSmurf »

Pre-Trade Window Season Thoughts:

I'm in 149th place, which is decent with 565 entrees. I'm 87 points behind the leader, but in this game points are easy to make up sometimes, especially with multiple PPVs left in the season and one being extremely title heavy. The biggest problem in making a comeback in this game is that whomever the leader has, that you have also automatically cancel each other out forcing you to make a comeback sometimes with a guy like Hurricane Helms or Spike Dudley. It's been done before. Some guys that are usually lowly midcarders come in and win a few matches, a battle royale and a title and end up scoring a gazillion points. Otherwise it's pretty tough as most of your main guys will be moot in your overall comeback to make up ground on the leader. I'll be happy with a respectable finish though.

Cena (31pts) - He hasn't scored as many as you would like for a Main Eventer, but he's a good bargain without the title. His feud with Miz and Show has dropped his value somewhat, but with a title shot on the horizon, he's not a guy you want to trade away so hastily. A title win at NOC and Cena is right back on track. No reason to over reach for a trade.

Mysterio (44pts) - He has scored very well for a top midcarder. You pay the price, but this season his value is well worth the price. He is in danger of losing his title to upstart Ziggler, however champion or not Mysterio should have a ton of upside the rest of the way. Again, no need to over reach.

Kidd (13pts) - Not much from him, but at his price you don't expect that much. However, he has been a disappointment for a stable member who was supposed to be one of the staples of the ECW brand. On SD! with a more competitive roster of tag teams they should get more exposure, but it's too little too late. The midcard is where you start your comeback and the trade for Ziggler is not only an upgrade in talent, but also loosens the budget for other moves. If Ziggler beats Mysterio for the IC Title he will have already surpassed Kidd's Pre-Trade Window production.

Carlito (10pts) - Major disappointment here. Carlito hasn't even won a match this season and losing the tag team titles only highlights his poor performance this season thus far. A heel turn and a program with his brother seems promising and should garner a few more points, but at his price he's way too risky to keep or even trade for. Again, trading for Miz is another budget move that helps my salary cap issue. Now this is more of a gamble than the Ziggler trade, but again, a title win at NOC and it's justification enough. Hopefully they finally progress the story with him and Maryse. That should mean more matches for the Miz.

Gabriel (0) - Epic fail. I wasn't even aware he had been demoted back down to the developmental so that's my bad. Defo trade material when you know a guy won't be wrestling the rest of the season, no matter his price. That's where the first two trades help. Straight up a Gabriel trade gets you no value, but pad the cap with 20Gs and now you're in business. Hornswoggle is a bit of a reach anytime he's listed with the midcarders, but he's been scoring well against Chavo lately so the book is on his side. Anything would be an improvement from Gabriel.

Rosa (9pts) - A steal even at her value. She has just now started to hit her stride as an active competitor, prior to being a lackey for Beth. She is now on a two match winning streak with Alicia and they show a lot of promise for mid level semi-actives.

Alicia (15pts) - Again, tons of upside for their price value. Normally I'd reach for a champion or challenger hoping for bigger points, but together if they keep winning they are worth more being so much more cheaper.

Overall a very good start, IMO and hopefully with title wins from Cena, Ziggler and Miz I can make a decent finish.
The Lawnmower
Post Whore

Post by The Lawnmower »

Shouldn't Cody Rhodes get 2 points for hitting the DDT at NOC?
[center][img]http://i48.tinypic.com/1212wed.png[/img][/center]
KingSmurf
Hall of Famer

Post by KingSmurf »

WOOOO! Hornswoggle has already out scored DJ Gabriel.
Watsuki
Legend

Post by Watsuki »

The Lawnmower wrote:Shouldn't Cody Rhodes get 2 points for hitting the DDT at NOC?
Yes. Fixed.
Two-Time WWE Stablewars Champion
Two-Time TNA Stablewars Champion
Ten-Time Titlewars Champion
WWE No Mercy 2003 Play-Per-View Champion
TNA Turning Point 2005 Play-Per-View Champion
UFC 68 Play-Per-View Champion
The Lawnmower
Post Whore

Post by The Lawnmower »

I wouldn't really call what Kofi hit in that match a Trouble In Paradise. But either way you didn't give him the points. And how many times has Cody won with the CrossRhodes now?
KingSmurf
Hall of Famer

Post by KingSmurf »

Ohhh, Cross Rhodes. Now I get it. Cross Roads wasn't clicking in my head.
Hillbilly Nick
Post Whore

Post by Hillbilly Nick »

You mixed up the result of the JTG/Jericho match, lfpnrg. JTG got the inside cradle for the win.
lfpnrg
Hall of Famer

Post by lfpnrg »

Yeah, too many J's, Slam Master J wrestling threw me ...
DudeyDan
Superstar

Post by DudeyDan »

Shouldn't Christian get 14 instead of 15? (7 + 5 + 2).
The Lawnmower
Post Whore

Post by The Lawnmower »

lfpnrg wrote:Yeah, too many J's, Slam Master J wrestling threw me ...
Jesse won after the splash, not Haas....new glasses maybe?
lfpnrg
Hall of Famer

Post by lfpnrg »

... and/or more coffee. Thanks for pointing those out, geez, that's pretty freaking terrible on my part. Fark.

Shouldn't Christian get 14 instead of 15? (7 + 5 + 2).
I'll fix that too while I'm going ...
Last edited by lfpnrg on Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Naturally Aivaz
Post Whore

Post by Naturally Aivaz »

Sitting in 4th going into the last couple weeks...
Hillbilly Nick
Post Whore

Post by Hillbilly Nick »

12th place, pretty damn good.
Bear
Jobber

Post by Bear »

1st place, 1st try, Oh yea!