ECW Championship Retained and Retired

Moderator: TW Admins

Watsuki
Legend

ECW Championship Retained and Retired

Post by Watsuki » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:30 pm

On the final ECW show Ezekiel Jackson defeated Christian to win the ECW Championship. Since Christian won the title back in July all the picks had already expired so it was just a matter of time until Mackinlee retained. According to WWE.com Jackson is the final ECW champion indicating the title will indeed be retired. It is still showing in the active title section of WWE.com but I'm sure they will move it once NXT begins. For now Mackinlee's reign will come to an end as of the final episode of ECW on February 16th 2010.

History of the Titlewars ECW Championship

The Titlewars version of the ECW Championship began at the same time as the real one. When Rob Van Dam was declared the first champion on June 13th 2006 registration was opened up. ShawnHanksLow became the inaugural champion when Big Show defeated RVD on July 4th. He went on to retain the title twice when Bobby Lashley and Vince McMahon won the title. ILCN ended SHL's reign at a record 334 days when Lashley predictable won the title back from McMahon. But his reign was shortlived as Lashley was stripped of the title just 8 days later, giving him the shortest ECW title reign.

A tournament was created to crown a new champion with most people picking the two favorites: CM Punk and Chris Benoit. Benoit... uh, no-showed in the finals and his substitute, John Morrison, won the title. Because of this the TW version remained vacant for 85 days, until Fuggly Bastard won the title when Punk beat Morrison. Fuggly retained when Chavo Guerrero upset the champ. Just before Wrestlemania 24, there was a battle royal to determine who would get an ECW title shot on the PPV. Jak619 won a MITB during this battle royal and used it right away to win the title from Fuggly when Kane defeated Chavo.

hbk24 won the title when Mark Henry defeated Kane, but lost it to Scott Savage when Matt Hardy won the title. Savage then retained the title when then-unknown Jack Swagger won the title, and then again when then-TNA star Christian jumped to ECW and became champion. Equalizer put an end to Savage for good when sentimental favourite Tommy Dreamer finally won the ECW championship. Mackinlee took the title when Christian won it back and held the title all to way to the end.
Last edited by Watsuki on Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Two-Time WWE Stablewars Champion
Two-Time TNA Stablewars Champion
Ten-Time Titlewars Champion
WWE No Mercy 2003 Play-Per-View Champion
TNA Turning Point 2005 Play-Per-View Champion
UFC 68 Play-Per-View Champion

Fuggly Bastard
Legend

Re: ECW Championship Retained and Retired

Post by Fuggly Bastard » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:27 pm

So his reign was for like 2 or 3 minutes? :lol:
[b]Two-Time Stablewars Champion - Seasons 20 & 32[/b]

The Federation
Legend

Post by The Federation » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:43 am

Fuggly Bastard wrote:So his reign was for like 2 or 3 minutes? :lol:
Thus beating out Sandman and Tommy for shortest reign ever.
I used to post a lot here. Then I took a meme to the cake.

KoolMoeDee
Legend

Post by KoolMoeDee » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:27 am

I still think I should have been the inaugural champ! Heyman declared Rob the ECW champ after he won the WWE title at One Night Stand and that's when I won the WWE Title. Titlewars rules be damned, I should've been handed the ECW Title! :canuck:

Mackinlee
Hall of Famer

Post by Mackinlee » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:44 pm

It's an honor to be the Last Ever ECW Champion and to never actually lose my title.

Watsuki
Legend

Post by Watsuki » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:16 pm

For those interested I updated the Inactive Titles section:
http://www.stablewars.com/tw/inactive.php
Two-Time WWE Stablewars Champion
Two-Time TNA Stablewars Champion
Ten-Time Titlewars Champion
WWE No Mercy 2003 Play-Per-View Champion
TNA Turning Point 2005 Play-Per-View Champion
UFC 68 Play-Per-View Champion