ONS PPV Results!!!

Moderator: PPV Admins

Fuggly Bastard
Legend
Reactions score: 0

Post by Fuggly Bastard »

Well it would make more sense if it worked on whoever got the most correct matches, followed by the # of points for the tiebreaker. So two people that end up 4/8 would go to a tiebreaker of how many total points each person got followed by the tiebreaker time if needed.
Though play-per-view has always worked the way its currently set up so i'm not arguing to change it.
[b]Two-Time Stablewars Champion - Seasons 20 & 32[/b]
KingSmurf
Hall of Famer

Post by KingSmurf »

How often has someone beat out a near perfect card for the win though with just one or two underdog wins? I don't think it's happened a lot. Cochis won and he had a perfect card. So reguardless of the ridiculous upsets you still lost to the best player. I'd argue against the scoring if the underdog picks always won the game, but they don't. You usually have to have some gimmie wins with them. I mean most winning scores are in the hundreds usually. The biggest underdog win is going to get 50-60pts since that's the number of players we have. So see you would still need at least 1-2 more wins to get over a 100pts to win it.

I know it's annoying, but I missed one and I lost. Like I said I don't mind though because as I said Cochis had a perfect card and would have beaten anyone out no matter what the scores were.
Charlie
Post Whore

Post by Charlie »

Franchise wrote:
Naturally Aivaz wrote:44th and only getting 2 right?

Sweet.
See what I mean? He outscored me because he picked a big upset. Really, 2 matches outscores my 6 for 8? That's crap. You might as well change the name of the game to "whoever can pick the upset wins." If you want to make the underdog win mean more in terms of points fine, but 50-some odd points? That's ludicrous. I get 2 wrong and end up in 53rd place? Asinine to the 10th degree...
:violen:
Kash was here!
Charlie
Post Whore

Post by Charlie »

:stupid:
Kash was here!
The Big Dog
Legend

Post by The Big Dog »

Franchise wrote:
Naturally Aivaz wrote:44th and only getting 2 right?

Sweet.
See what I mean? He outscored me because he picked a big upset. Really, 2 matches outscores my 6 for 8? That's crap. You might as well change the name of the game to "whoever can pick the upset wins." If you want to make the underdog win mean more in terms of points fine, but 50-some odd points? That's ludicrous. I get 2 wrong and end up in 53rd place? Asinine to the 10th degree...
I was 6 for 8 as well :D
I am the head of the table, pal.
Cochis
Legend

Post by Cochis »

PimpinSmurf wrote:How often has someone beat out a near perfect card for the win though with just one or two underdog wins? I don't think it's happened a lot. Cochis won and he had a perfect card. So reguardless of the ridiculous upsets you still lost to the best player. I'd argue against the scoring if the underdog picks always won the game, but they don't. You usually have to have some gimmie wins with them. I mean most winning scores are in the hundreds usually. The biggest underdog win is going to get 50-60pts since that's the number of players we have. So see you would still need at least 1-2 more wins to get over a 100pts to win it.

I know it's annoying, but I missed one and I lost. Like I said I don't mind though because as I said Cochis had a perfect card and would have beaten anyone out no matter what the scores were.
Thank you Smurf, if my internet connection would've been working at work this morning then there would've been quite a foul-mouthed tirade directed at all the nay-sayers whinging about how PPV's are scored. At the end of the day, like Smurf said, I had a perfect card...I deserved to win this (unless someone had done the same and had a better tie break time, in which case I would have congratulated them on their win and cursed myself privately that I'd F'd up the time).

Now all bow down and worship my awesomeness :bow:

Hillbilly Nick
Post Whore

Post by Hillbilly Nick »

Losing to underdog winning picks isn't as bad as losing to someone whom we don't know if he/she actually made picks.
Franchise
Good Brother
Reactions score: 1

Post by Franchise »

I'm not complaining about losing this one or Cochis winning as I have no problem with that. I just think it's really absurd to get 2 wrong and be behind so many people who got 4 or more wrong. I mean really, that's absurd.
- 9x SW
- 54x TW
- 14x PPV
- 3x MITB
- 2x EWars
- 9x Survivor
- 4x TV Wars
- 3x Cup Games
- 4x PPV Wars
- 1x iWars
- 1x Ultimate Endurance
- 8x Jobber Wars
- 2x Bracket Brawl
- 9x Tag Team Challenge
- 2x Last Man Standing
- 1x SW Draft
- 1x Play-Per-View League
- 1x Lethal Lottery
KingSmurf
Hall of Famer

Post by KingSmurf »

So you're saying picking Lashley over McMahon should be worth the same amount as picking RVD who's leaving the company over Randy Orton? I mean the logic explains itself. The less likely to happen is worth more while the expect result is worth less. The trade off is that 90% of the time the sure fire bets are going to get you points when you have no clue where the underdog points will come from. Besides, it's not like anyone person sets the odds. It's purely based on participation.

If anything you should try to convince people to pick the opposite of you so your correct answers are worth more. :D
Watsuki
Legend

Post by Watsuki »

I think it's time for some of you to take a break from or stop playing Play-Per-View. Enough of this bitching and whining. If you don't like it, don't fucking play it.
Two-Time WWE Stablewars Champion
Two-Time TNA Stablewars Champion
Ten-Time Titlewars Champion
WWE No Mercy 2003 Play-Per-View Champion
TNA Turning Point 2005 Play-Per-View Champion
UFC 68 Play-Per-View Champion
Charlie
Post Whore

Post by Charlie »

Watsuki wrote:I think it's time for some of you to take a break from or stop playing Play-Per-View. Enough of this bitching and whining. If you don't like it, don't fucking play it.
Thank you. The system is not broken. If you don't like it, make another pay per view predictions game the way you want it. We have an open policy on game creation.
Kash was here!
KingSmurf
Hall of Famer

Post by KingSmurf »

I love it. Just trying to explain to Franchise. I mean anyone can make predictions and everyone usually does for fun. The way Play-Per-View is setup makes it sporting in that it's a prediction game, but it's also an odds game. Sort of a game within a game.
Charlie
Post Whore

Post by Charlie »

It's one of my proudest accomplishments. Honestly I'm shocked it hasn't been ripped off a million times before.
Kash was here!
Franchise
Good Brother
Reactions score: 1

Post by Franchise »

Watsuki wrote:I think it's time for some of you to take a break from or stop playing Play-Per-View. Enough of this bitching and whining. If you don't like it, don't fucking play it.
I like playing it, but I just don't like the scoring system. I still think it's ridiculous, but it wouldn't stop me from playing the game.
- 9x SW
- 54x TW
- 14x PPV
- 3x MITB
- 2x EWars
- 9x Survivor
- 4x TV Wars
- 3x Cup Games
- 4x PPV Wars
- 1x iWars
- 1x Ultimate Endurance
- 8x Jobber Wars