WWE Play-Per-View Close Time UPDATED

Moderator: PPV Admins

User avatar
Conye West
Titlewars TNA Tag Team Champion
Posts: 19309
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:31 pm

Re: WWE Play-Per-View Close Time UPDATED

Post by Conye West » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:42 am

GM Bike wrote:Not many. Less than a handful.

And thanks. :th:

Great job on "having sand in your vagina" again. Vegas odds had that at 5/7.
You exploited a loophole in something fun so you can win at imaginary pick'em.

I am being petty, but it's also lame to make Play-per-view about one hunch and a tiebreaker.

You are the vocal scapegoat is all. It was only a matter of time before everyone started doing it.

Serious question: Do you enjoy the shows knowing who will win?
ZERO SASBYS THE PAST SEVEN YEARS!

User avatar
Franchise
Hall of Famer
Posts: 32233
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2003 7:10 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: WWE Play-Per-View Close Time UPDATED

Post by Franchise » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:50 am

GM Bike wrote:
Franchise wrote:It's one thing to read a rumor; it's a completely different thing to use the odds where the final odds have been like 99% accurate over the last 6-12 months.
If that's the case, then how do you explain me or someone else not winning every PPV for the last 6-12 months?

The odds aren't 100% accurate. Hell I tanked in a few PPVs last year.

Also, for example, the odds favoured Shesaro for the longest time. They didn't change to favour The Club until after the cutoff. I made THAT pick on a hunch, when they weren't favoured.

So there's no guarantee the odds will always be correct.
The final odds are almost always correct. I don't know exactly when they come out as the time can vary but from looking into the final posted odds at random for a few PPVs, they have been 99% accurate. I can't remember all the PPVs I did this for but the day after, I looked and they were 100% correct. There was one PPV where there were odds posted on Saturday and then for some reason the next set wasn't posted until like 5pm and if you used the Saturday odds, yep, you'd get burned because two or three matches swung heavily in the opposite direction. I think one such example was the Miz/Ziggler match when Ziggler won the IC. There was a Nikki Bella match that had the same huge swing.

Anyhow, bottom line is why do people *need* to look at the odds to play PPV? No one should need it. It's a game for fun; we're not playing for money. Especially when the predictive factor is so ridiculous high. If it was 50/50, sure, no one would care. But it's not 50/50 unless you look at them on Saturday or early Sunday before the final numbers come in. And again, if people hadn't flippantly thrown the VegasOdds thing around, we would have never looked into it. MVH was the one that brought it to my attention as to how accurate they were before.
- 5x SW
- 31x TW
- 2x PPV
- 3x MITB
- 2x EWars
- 4x Survivor
- 2x TV Wars
- 2x Cup Games
- 3x PPV Wars
- 1x iWars
- 1x Ultimate Endurance
- 3x Jobber Wars
- 2x Bracket Brawl
- 6x Tag Team Challenge
- 1x Last Man Standing
- 1x SW Draft
- 1x Play-Per-View League

User avatar
GM Bike
Post Whore
Posts: 24122
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:13 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: WWE Play-Per-View Close Time UPDATED

Post by GM Bike » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:59 am

Conye West wrote:
GM Bike wrote:Not many. Less than a handful.

And thanks. :th:

Great job on "having sand in your vagina" again. Vegas odds had that at 5/7.
You exploited a loophole in something fun so you can win at imaginary pick'em.

I am being petty, but it's also lame to make Play-per-view about one hunch and a tiebreaker.

You are the vocal scapegoat is all. It was only a matter of time before everyone started doing it.

Serious question: Do you enjoy the shows knowing who will win?
Lol @ "exploited a loophole". I did no such thing.

And don't act like I'M the only one who's done it. RoMo does it. I'm 99% sure legendkiller003 and trips15 also do it - and there are plenty more. I wasn't the first, and certainly won't be the last.

And I seriously do still enjoy the show, even if I know who will win.

In wrestling sometimes that doesn't matter. The bigger picture is telling a story. Had Reigns beat Owens, I would've been more okay with it because of the type of match they had. Same with Styles/Cena. I didn't like Cena winning, but because of their match, with Cena subtly teasing a heel turn, and actually doing some new moves, it was fantastic!

Same with Punk/Taker at Mania. I knew Taker would win, but their match was amazing!!

So ya, I still enjoy them.
Image
ImageImage
First & ONLY 6, 7 AND 8-Time Stablewars Champion
17-Time Titlewars Champion, Current Tri-Champion (NXT/ROH Tag & ROH TV)
Longest Reigning Champion All-Time (1,316 Days)
17-Time PPV Champion
2017 WWE & ROH PPV Grand Champion

nWo 4 Life
🤘

User avatar
GM Bike
Post Whore
Posts: 24122
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:13 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: WWE Play-Per-View Close Time UPDATED

Post by GM Bike » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:01 am

Franchise wrote: The final odds are almost always correct. I don't know exactly when they come out as the time can vary but from looking into the final posted odds at random for a few PPVs, they have been 99% accurate. I can't remember all the PPVs I did this for but the day after, I looked and they were 100% correct.
I'm certain it's less than 99%, but then we're getting into semantics. I get what you're saying.
Image
ImageImage
First & ONLY 6, 7 AND 8-Time Stablewars Champion
17-Time Titlewars Champion, Current Tri-Champion (NXT/ROH Tag & ROH TV)
Longest Reigning Champion All-Time (1,316 Days)
17-Time PPV Champion
2017 WWE & ROH PPV Grand Champion

nWo 4 Life
🤘

User avatar
Conye West
Titlewars TNA Tag Team Champion
Posts: 19309
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:31 pm

Re: WWE Play-Per-View Close Time UPDATED

Post by Conye West » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:03 am

Conye West wrote: I am being petty

You are the vocal scapegoat is all. It was only a matter of time before everyone started doing it.
GM Bike wrote:And don't act like I'M the only one who's done it. RoMo does it. I'm 99% sure legendkiller003 and trips15 also do it - and there are plenty more. I wasn't the first, and certainly won't be the last.
Just ignored that part.
ZERO SASBYS THE PAST SEVEN YEARS!

User avatar
GM Bike
Post Whore
Posts: 24122
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:13 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: WWE Play-Per-View Close Time UPDATED

Post by GM Bike » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:07 am

What?
Image
ImageImage
First & ONLY 6, 7 AND 8-Time Stablewars Champion
17-Time Titlewars Champion, Current Tri-Champion (NXT/ROH Tag & ROH TV)
Longest Reigning Champion All-Time (1,316 Days)
17-Time PPV Champion
2017 WWE & ROH PPV Grand Champion

nWo 4 Life
🤘

User avatar
Conye West
Titlewars TNA Tag Team Champion
Posts: 19309
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:31 pm

Re: WWE Play-Per-View Close Time UPDATED

Post by Conye West » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:10 am

You are the vocal scapegoat is all.

Translation: You are the one defending this action. That's why these are directed at you.

It was only a matter of time before everyone started doing it.

Translation: You aren't the only one doing it. Eventually everyone will do it.
ZERO SASBYS THE PAST SEVEN YEARS!

User avatar
Mackinlee
Hall of Famer
Posts: 43094
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:04 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: WWE Play-Per-View Close Time UPDATED

Post by Mackinlee » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:14 am

This thread is used for updates, not bickering.

If anyone has more questions on the new deadline please shoot Franchise or myself a PM.
Image

User avatar
Conye West
Titlewars TNA Tag Team Champion
Posts: 19309
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:31 pm

Re: WWE Play-Per-View Close Time UPDATED

Post by Conye West » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:15 am

Sorry Mack.
ZERO SASBYS THE PAST SEVEN YEARS!

User avatar
Franchise
Hall of Famer
Posts: 32233
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2003 7:10 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: WWE Play-Per-View Close Time UPDATED

Post by Franchise » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:19 am

Mackinlee wrote:This thread is used for updates, not bickering.

If anyone has more questions on the new deadline please shoot Franchise or myself a PM.
LOL. Bossman Mack is laying down the hammer. I'll lock the thread.
- 5x SW
- 31x TW
- 2x PPV
- 3x MITB
- 2x EWars
- 4x Survivor
- 2x TV Wars
- 2x Cup Games
- 3x PPV Wars
- 1x iWars
- 1x Ultimate Endurance
- 3x Jobber Wars
- 2x Bracket Brawl
- 6x Tag Team Challenge
- 1x Last Man Standing
- 1x SW Draft
- 1x Play-Per-View League

User avatar
GM Bike
Post Whore
Posts: 24122
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:13 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: WWE Play-Per-View Close Time UPDATED

Post by GM Bike » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:52 am

Conye West wrote:You are the vocal scapegoat is all.

Translation: You are the one defending this action. That's why these are directed at you.

It was only a matter of time before everyone started doing it.

Translation: You aren't the only one doing it. Eventually everyone will do it.
I didn't say "what?" asking for a translation. I said what because I didn't understand why you said I ignored that part.
Image
ImageImage
First & ONLY 6, 7 AND 8-Time Stablewars Champion
17-Time Titlewars Champion, Current Tri-Champion (NXT/ROH Tag & ROH TV)
Longest Reigning Champion All-Time (1,316 Days)
17-Time PPV Champion
2017 WWE & ROH PPV Grand Champion

nWo 4 Life
🤘

User avatar
MVH
Legend
Posts: 16393
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:17 pm

Re: WWE Play-Per-View Close Time UPDATED

Post by MVH » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:49 pm

If i'm spoiled on the Vegas odds i pretty much lose all interest in watching the event at this point. I don't read anything, observer or wrestling news sites anymore. It's pretty easy to avoid actually. It's much more fun that way.
I'm here... sometimes


--> Full List of Accomplishments <--

User avatar
Franchise
Hall of Famer
Posts: 32233
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2003 7:10 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: WWE Play-Per-View Close Time UPDATED

Post by Franchise » Thu May 18, 2017 9:31 am

With the new policy/disclaimer about the Vegas Odds, we will be moving the PPV Reg closing time back to the pre-show one hour before the PPV (generally 7pm).
- 5x SW
- 31x TW
- 2x PPV
- 3x MITB
- 2x EWars
- 4x Survivor
- 2x TV Wars
- 2x Cup Games
- 3x PPV Wars
- 1x iWars
- 1x Ultimate Endurance
- 3x Jobber Wars
- 2x Bracket Brawl
- 6x Tag Team Challenge
- 1x Last Man Standing
- 1x SW Draft
- 1x Play-Per-View League

User avatar
Conye West
Titlewars TNA Tag Team Champion
Posts: 19309
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:31 pm

Re: WWE Play-Per-View Close Time UPDATED

Post by Conye West » Thu May 18, 2017 9:36 am

Franchise wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 9:31 am
With the new policy/disclaimer about the Vegas Odds, we will be moving the PPV Reg closing time back to the pre-show one hour before the PPV (generally 7pm).
I hope this gets people as involved in the discussion as moving it to noon did.
ZERO SASBYS THE PAST SEVEN YEARS!

User avatar
Franchise
Hall of Famer
Posts: 32233
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2003 7:10 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: WWE Play-Per-View Close Time UPDATED

Post by Franchise » Thu May 18, 2017 9:47 am

Conye West wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 9:36 am
Franchise wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 9:31 am
With the new policy/disclaimer about the Vegas Odds, we will be moving the PPV Reg closing time back to the pre-show one hour before the PPV (generally 7pm).
I hope this gets people as involved in the discussion as moving it to noon did.
LMFAO.
- 5x SW
- 31x TW
- 2x PPV
- 3x MITB
- 2x EWars
- 4x Survivor
- 2x TV Wars
- 2x Cup Games
- 3x PPV Wars
- 1x iWars
- 1x Ultimate Endurance
- 3x Jobber Wars
- 2x Bracket Brawl
- 6x Tag Team Challenge
- 1x Last Man Standing
- 1x SW Draft
- 1x Play-Per-View League

Locked