Main Eventer
Reactions score: 0

Stomping Grounds 2019 Play-Per-View

Post by SWRobot »

1 - WWE Universal Championship - Corbin Picks the Special Guest Referee
Seth Rollins (c) vs. Baron Corbin

2 - WWE Championship - Steel Cage Match
Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler

3 - Intercontinental Championship - Unannounced Match --- Must be a singles match to count
Finn Balor (c) vs. Any Challenger

4 - US Championship
Samoa Joe (c) vs. Ricochet

5 - Raw Womens Championship
Becky Lynch (c) vs. Lacey Evans

6 - SD Womens Championship
Bayley (c) vs. Alexa Bliss

7 - WWE Cruiserweight Championship
Tony Nese (c) vs. Akira Tozawa vs. Drew Gulak

8 - Grudge Match
Roman Reigns vs. Drew McIntyre

9 - Grudge Match
The New Day vs. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn

10 - SD Tag Team Championship
Daniel Bryan & Rowan (c) vs. Heavy Machinery

11 - Raw Tag Team Championship
The Revival (c) vs. The Usos

12 - Tiebreaker
What will be the bell-to-bell time of the WWE Universal Championship match?

Registration will close Sunday, June 23rd, 2019 at 6:00pm Eastern.

http://www.stablewars.com/ppv/registration.php?fed=WWE
Last edited by Franchise on Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
SWRobot
Main Eventer

RE: Stomping Grounds 2019 Play-Per-View

Post by SWRobot »

olliefpm

With only two big upsets, Ricochet and Gulak, scoring was not plentiful for this PPV. Despite the lack of upsets, there was still only one perfect card which belonged to olliefpm who took home the win. This is olliefpm's 2nd WWE PPV win, 2nd wrestling PPV win, and 3rd overall PPV win. Other forum members in the top 10 include The Viper (The Threat), sonofabruce, vshadows, Lomachenko, legendkiller003 (Main Event Mafia), pitcher perfection (The Threat), mojotheclown, and H-H-H (Main Event Mafia).
KingSmurf
Hall of Famer

Re: Stomping Grounds 2019 Play-Per-View

Post by KingSmurf »

Congrats @olliefpm!!!

@Franchise :lol:
Franchise
Good Brother
Reactions score: 1

Post by Franchise »

Don't remind me, lol. I way overthought this in terms of thinking there'd be some DQs and 50/50 booking for the Reigns/Drew match. Every match I changed on the day of or before was a loss too. Like 3 of them. Ugh.
Last edited by Franchise on Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- 9x SW
- 54x TW
- 14x PPV
- 3x MITB
- 2x EWars
- 9x Survivor
- 4x TV Wars
- 3x Cup Games
- 4x PPV Wars
- 1x iWars
- 1x Ultimate Endurance
- 8x Jobber Wars
- 2x Bracket Brawl
- 9x Tag Team Challenge
- 2x Last Man Standing
- 1x SW Draft
- 1x Play-Per-View League
- 1x Lethal Lottery
KingSmurf
Hall of Famer

Post by KingSmurf »

Yeah, I knew when Lacey started changing the rules, that my DQ theory was deadass wrong! Lol

When I watched the prediction video for Going in RAW, they convinced me Reigns would lose and I almost changed it, but then I thought to myself, if Shane goes undefeated, then they surely have to at least have his goons lose. They're not going to completely bury Reigns.

This tag match at Extreme Rules is fucking me up though. Do the faces win because of Undertaker? Does Shane stay undefeated?? If the heels lose, but McIntyre takes the pin, is Shane still undefeated???

We should do a game where everyone makes their PPV picks the week the match is made and you're not allowed to change it. Then compare those pcks to the legit PPV picks you make the week of the PPV and see how much you change and which are more accurate, just for fun.
Last edited by KingSmurf on Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Franchise
Good Brother
Reactions score: 1

Post by Franchise »

More games to score? Lol. That Over/Under is driving me nuts to score and do the write-up. I never intended on taking that on but I like the game so if J can't I wanted to when he asked for help for SSD. I think I am definitely going to make that a main page game and automate the scoring/write-up tho. It takes me forever on my phone to do it and I imagine the desktop wouldn't be that much better.
- 9x SW
- 54x TW
- 14x PPV
- 3x MITB
- 2x EWars
- 9x Survivor
- 4x TV Wars
- 3x Cup Games
- 4x PPV Wars
- 1x iWars
- 1x Ultimate Endurance
- 8x Jobber Wars
- 2x Bracket Brawl
- 9x Tag Team Challenge
- 2x Last Man Standing
- 1x SW Draft
- 1x Play-Per-View League
- 1x Lethal Lottery
legendkiller003
Feeling Ucey

Post by legendkiller003 »

@PimpinSmurf surely Shane not taking the fall in a tag match wouldn't destroy his undefeated streak. They constantly say Becky is the only person to beat Ronda, but Sasha & Bayley beat Ronda & Natalya in a tag match before the Rumble with Natalya taking the fall. Apparently, that doesn't mean Ronda was beat in a match.
KingSmurf
Hall of Famer

Post by KingSmurf »

Franchise wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:35 pm More games to score? Lol. That Over/Under is driving me nuts to score and do the write-up. I never intended on taking that on but I like the game so if J can't I wanted to when he asked for help for SSD. I think I am definitely going to make that a main page game and automate the scoring/write-up tho. It takes me forever on my phone to do it and I imagine the desktop wouldn't be that much better.
I said for fun! As in it doesn't matter who wins. I'm just curious how many people go with their gut or second guess themselves and who's gut is more accurate or is there someone who second guesses themself and it pays off? Like when KMD would predict matches based on win/loss records from previous PPVs or we sim matches in 2K. Just something different to predict matches. Not a new game suggestion per say.
legendkiller003 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:59 pm @PimpinSmurf surely Shane not taking the fall in a tag match wouldn't destroy his undefeated streak. They constantly say Becky is the only person to beat Ronda, but Sasha & Bayley beat Ronda & Natalya in a tag match before the Rumble with Natalya taking the fall. Apparently, that doesn't mean Ronda was beat in a match.
I hate when they do that though. Like just because someone lost a tag match and wasn't pinned or lost a triple threat and wasn't pinned. To me if you're undefeated you better never lose or you're not undefeated. I get WWE's logic or just wrestling logic in general, but the undefeated thing loses its luster for me when they start making excuses to keep it going.
legendkiller003
Feeling Ucey

Post by legendkiller003 »

There's a difference between being undefeated and not ever being pinned/submitted. It's not that hard to specify... but they always need to tweek things just to make the narrative seem (slightly) falsely better for those involved.