"Rising Above" Play-Per-View - RESULTS AVAILABLE!

Moderator: PPV Admins

the BAM
Midcarder
Reactions score: 0

Post by the BAM »

A. Nigel McGuinness (c)
B. Jay & Mark Briscoe (c)
C. Rocky Romero
D. "American Dragon" Bryan Danielson
E. Claudio Castagnoli
F. The Age of the Fall (Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black, w/Lacey)
G. Mystery Opponent
H. Low Ki
I. Sara Del Rey
J. Necro Butcher
K. 26:46
Proud member of [size=120][color=#FF0000]Right[/color] [color=#FF0000]to[/color] [color=#FF0000]Censor[/color][/size]
the BAM
Midcarder

Post by the BAM »

Sorry for the double post but I didn't think that my opinion should go with my picks. Even though I went with Nigel, I will be pulling really hard for Aries 1.) Because the man is my favorite in ROH and 2.) I'd like to see him be the first ever 2 time ROH World Champ. In the tag team scramble match I'm rooting for AOTF because Jimmy Jacobs (IMO) is a really talented individual and I personally like AOTF in general. And even though I love Jack Evans and think he's the best High-Flyer in ROH he simply isn't enough to make me root for the Vulture Squad as a whole.
Proud member of [size=120][color=#FF0000]Right[/color] [color=#FF0000]to[/color] [color=#FF0000]Censor[/color][/size]
Texas Kelly
Legend

Post by Texas Kelly »

Guess what, guys? Thanks to Charlie and our gracious administrator, Watsuki, they've opened up the PPV system to me so that we can submit our picks for this show just like any WWE or TNA show. :)

The registration page should be up and running. Those of you who've already submitted picks will need to resubmit, but there's plenty of time remaining before the show that that shouldn't be an issue. There's a bug on the standings page that Watsuki will hopefully help me work out shortly.
The Big Dog
Legend

Post by The Big Dog »

I hate you..
I am the head of the table, pal.
Charlie
Post Whore

Post by Charlie »

Glad to help. I fight the fights that are worth fighting.

And now we all must work to get Stablewars noticed by the ROH fan community, so if you post or chat in a Ring of Honor fan website, drop a link for us.

Remember, it will be http://www.stablewars.com/playperview
Kash was here!
3pointtally
Superstar

Post by 3pointtally »

I post on there, but posting links to other wrestling websites normally results in getting banned.
Charlie
Post Whore

Post by Charlie »

3pointtally wrote:I post on there, but posting links to other wrestling websites normally results in getting banned.
Well just do it in a sneaky way :)
Kash was here!
ILCN
Post Whore

Post by ILCN »

I just finished Man Up. What a show! The title match was brutal and great. I hated the ending but still a great match. Then there's the ladder match. HOLY SHIT. One of the best ladder matches I've ever seen. So fucking sick. I don't know how those guys were able to walk.
Not 1 of 7 people on a dead website.
Charlie
Post Whore

Post by Charlie »

I Love Chris Nowinski wrote:I just finished Man Up. What a show! The title match was brutal and great. I hated the ending but still a great match. Then there's the ladder match. HOLY SHIT. One of the best ladder matches I've ever seen. So fucking sick. I don't know how those guys were able to walk.
Actually I've watched the ladder match two or three times since I watched the show originally, and after the initial shock of watching the huge moves, on repeated viewings these guys really did protect the hell out of eachother. Some bumps that looked bad, like that piledriver thing through the ladder. It looked like Briscoe's head was banging off the ladder. In fact, the propped ladder was falling down the standing ladder one rung at a time, creating the bouncing motion, and the camera angle made it look like his head was bouncing off the rungs. In fact, these guys were extra careful.

And you know what? That just impresses the hell out of me, because a lot of guys in TNA (Sabin, Styles, Joe, etc) don't make that extra effort. Lots of WWE guys too. They let the guys take the suicide bumps. These guys were total pros.

And as for the title match, I thought the finish was brilliant because it fit into the story perfectly. Daniels has a bad eye, Morishima exposes the eye and beats on it until Danielson can't defend himself anymore. Nothing wrong with that. It's good booking. Not at all a copout.
Kash was here!
3pointtally
Superstar

Post by 3pointtally »

Hey, if we can have ROH PPV, we should get ROH Titlewars going.
The Big Dog
Legend

Post by The Big Dog »

I still only got around to watching the first match today as I got busy earlier (not like that you freaks!) and have been busy creating torrents so far tonight, and I'm not huge on ROH.. but there are enough ROH fans to start a TWs game, so I'm with 3pt here.
Last edited by The Big Dog on Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Charlie
Post Whore

Post by Charlie »

3pointtally wrote:Hey, if we can have ROH PPV, we should get ROH Titlewars going.
Agreed, as long as people understand that every aspect of a Titlewars game will likely deal with spoilers.
but there are enough ROH fans to start a TWs game, so I'm 3pt here.
No, you're PFR. 3pt is 3pt. I'm Charlie for the record.
Kash was here!
3pointtally
Superstar

Post by 3pointtally »

Well maybe we can have a different tie breaker for ROH titlewars.

Instead of match time ... how many title defenses the champion will have.

I unno.
The Big Dog
Legend

Post by The Big Dog »

Charlie wrote:
but there are enough ROH fans to start a TWs game, so I'm 3pt here.
No, you're PFR. 3pt is 3pt. I'm Charlie for the record.
I told you I was getting my painkillers refilled today :D I fixed it, never would have noticed though..
Charlie
Post Whore

Post by Charlie »

3pointtally wrote:Well maybe we can have a different tie breaker for ROH titlewars.

Instead of match time ... how many title defenses the champion will have.

I unno.
Sounds reasonable.
Kash was here!