Announcement: New Styles Available (prosilver SE, Black, and subsilver))

Any site related announcements from the Admins/Mods will appear here.

Moderators: Mackinlee, Franchise

Franchise
Hall of Famer

Announcement: New Styles Available (prosilver SE, Black, and subsilver))

Post by Franchise » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:16 am

As of today, there are three brand new styles that inherit from prosilver called prosilver Special Edition, Black, and Allan Style-SUBSILVER available in the UCP. While I don't particularly care for the latter style as it is a huge adjustment in the contrast of light to dark on a PC screen, it isn't that bad. May take some getting used to but I installed it in case some users want a darker theme. The default prosilver is really kind of bright in comparison.

As for the prosilver SE, that one is based off of the main phpBB style at their site with one small adjustment on my part: I got rid of their fixed width that was like 820 as that's insanely small (like maybe 2/3 of the screen on a normal sized monitor). The appeal of this one is it blends greys with blues on the main board and grey with white in the background. So it's not as bright and actually may be the one I ultimately settle on using for myself. While prosilver SE has the default avatars/profiles on the right, the Black style has them on the left (like subsilver2 and prosilverSW). There's an extension in beta the lets the user pick where the avatars/profiles are aligned but no ETA on that availability.

The Allan Style-SUBSILVER looks to be a port of the look of subsilver2 but based on prosilver. This should mean it works fine with extensions.

- Navigate to the UCP.
- Click Board preferences.
- Under My board style, select prosilver Special Edition or Black or Allan Style-SUBSILVER.
- Click Submit.
- 5x SW
- 31x TW
- 2x PPV
- 3x MITB
- 2x EWars
- 4x Survivor
- 2x TV Wars
- 2x Cup Games
- 3x PPV Wars
- 1x iWars
- 1x Ultimate Endurance
- 3x Jobber Wars
- 2x Bracket Brawl
- 6x Tag Team Challenge
- 1x Last Man Standing
- 1x SW Draft
- 1x Play-Per-View League

MVH
Legend

Re: Announcement: New Styles Available (prosilver SE and Black)

Post by MVH » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:20 am

I really like the design of the black one! If it could've just been white and blue instead i'd probably switch to that over the current standard one! Also this black one has pictures on the left, which will take some time getting used to. I'm certainly up for getting used to that change. But with it being dark, i think that's too much. I like this site being light.
I'm here... sometimes

--> Full List of Accomplishments <--

Franchise
Hall of Famer

Post by Franchise » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:26 am

There's a ton of styles here: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styles-2. Even a white and blue I believe. If there's anything you guys would like me to install, just let me know. Anything that has a phpBB version of 3.1.x is compatible with the forum (x being the minor release...like we're on 3.1.5).

EDIT: Oops. Didn't realize the Black style had profiles/avi's on the left. Guess I need to update the original post...
- 5x SW
- 31x TW
- 2x PPV
- 3x MITB
- 2x EWars
- 4x Survivor
- 2x TV Wars
- 2x Cup Games
- 3x PPV Wars
- 1x iWars
- 1x Ultimate Endurance
- 3x Jobber Wars
- 2x Bracket Brawl
- 6x Tag Team Challenge
- 1x Last Man Standing
- 1x SW Draft

legendkiller003
Titlewars NXT Champion

Post by legendkiller003 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:47 am

Kinda like the black one, but it's weird on mobile. Doesn't fit the screen properly. Still hate there not being an unread post link right on the page.

GM Bike
Post Whore

Post by GM Bike » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:22 am

Franchise wrote:If there's anything you guys would like me to install, just let me know.
Anything close to subsilver2 :wink:

I just tried out all the prosilver styles and I don't like the layout of them.

The Black was the best option, and like MVH said a white and blue version of it I think would look great!
ImageImage
First & ONLY 6, 7 AND 8-Time Stablewars Champion
17-Time Titlewars Champion, Current Tri-Champion (NXT/ROH Tag & ROH TV)
Longest Reigning Champion All-Time (1,316 Days)
16-Time PPV Champion
2017 WWE & ROH PPV Grand Champion

nWo 4 Life
🤘

Franchise
Hall of Famer

Post by Franchise » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:20 am

legendkiller003 wrote:Kinda like the black one, but it's weird on mobile. Doesn't fit the screen properly. Still hate there not being an unread post link right on the page.
Thanks for pointing out the mobile. I'll fix that as it's just the ad link that is supposed to be hidden on mobile but isn't. I'll fix that.
- 5x SW
- 31x TW
- 2x PPV
- 3x MITB
- 2x EWars
- 4x Survivor
- 2x TV Wars
- 2x Cup Games
- 3x PPV Wars
- 1x iWars
- 1x Ultimate Endurance
- 3x Jobber Wars
- 2x Bracket Brawl
- 6x Tag Team Challenge
- 1x Last Man Standing
- 1x SW Draft

Franchise
Hall of Famer

Post by Franchise » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:09 pm

Franchise wrote:
legendkiller003 wrote:Kinda like the black one, but it's weird on mobile. Doesn't fit the screen properly. Still hate there not being an unread post link right on the page.
Thanks for pointing out the mobile. I'll fix that as it's just the ad link that is supposed to be hidden on mobile but isn't. I'll fix that.
This has been fixed on mobile.

As for the unread post links on the page, all those links are in the dropdown menu. It is part of the core code to save space especially on mobile/tablet. There is a new posts link on the new Black style tho.

The Black style also has a last post extra line on the main forum which I don't think the others have.
- 5x SW
- 31x TW
- 2x PPV
- 3x MITB
- 2x EWars
- 4x Survivor
- 2x TV Wars
- 2x Cup Games
- 3x PPV Wars
- 1x iWars
- 1x Ultimate Endurance
- 3x Jobber Wars
- 2x Bracket Brawl
- 6x Tag Team Challenge
- 1x Last Man Standing
- 1x SW Draft

SeeDub
Superstar

Post by SeeDub » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:18 pm

Black is pretty ugly but I like prosilver SW, a slightly darker version of prosilver.

Franchise
Hall of Famer

Announcement: New Styles Available (prosilver SE, Black, and subsilver)

Post by Franchise » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:52 pm

Yea I don't particularly like the color scheme but it's something different and I know some people like that. Like my uncle would probably prefer that one. It's not bad in some respects but some of it is just dreadful to me.

Speaking of...I added another style just now called Allan Style-SUBSILVER. Don't really like the fact it makes me link back to the site at the bottom but it is a style based on prosilver with the look of subsilver and it's free so. It maintains the ugly look of subsilver if I do say so myself but some people seem to want to cling to it for some reason. Anyhow, hope this placates those that like it as the subsilver2 is just a hack for this phpbb version.

Again, if anyone wants to check out that link I posted before and let me know if they like some of those I will add them.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that while the look of AS-SUBSILVER maintains the look, the profiles are on the right.
- 5x SW
- 31x TW
- 2x PPV
- 3x MITB
- 2x EWars
- 4x Survivor
- 2x TV Wars
- 2x Cup Games
- 3x PPV Wars
- 1x iWars
- 1x Ultimate Endurance
- 3x Jobber Wars
- 2x Bracket Brawl
- 6x Tag Team Challenge
- 1x Last Man Standing
- 1x SW Draft

legendkiller003
Titlewars NXT Champion

Re: Announcement: New Styles Available (prosilver SE, Black, and subsilver)

Post by legendkiller003 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:07 pm

Franchise wrote:Yea I don't particularly like the color scheme but it's something different and I know some people like that. Like my uncle would probably prefer that one. It's not bad in some respects but some of it is just dreadful to me.

Speaking of...I added another style just now called Allan Style-SUBSILVER. Don't really like the fact it makes me link back to the site at the bottom but it is a style based on prosilver with the look of subsilver and it's free so. It maintains the ugly look of subsilver if I do say so myself but some people seem to want to cling to it for some reason. Anyhow, hope this placates those that like it as the subsilver2 is just a hack for this phpbb version.

Again, if anyone wants to check out that link I posted before and let me know if they like some of those I will add them.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that while the look of AS-SUBSILVER maintains the look, the profiles are on the right.
The avatars are on the upper left on mobile, if that's why you were referring to.

I kinda think my issue with not wanting to change from subsilver is that the mobile version is really the desktop version, and I like that. Even other websites I'll try to view it as desktop rather than mobile. Like before ESPN updated their site I felt the mobile version made it more difficult to do certain things, so I'd view desktop and find what I wanted so fast.

I do like this one more than the rest tho with the subsilver look and unread posts actually available to see without clicking the drop down menu.

The Lawnmower
Post Whore

Re: Announcement: New Styles Available (prosilver SE, Black, and subsilver))

Post by The Lawnmower » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:28 pm

Special Edition makes me feel like I'm colour-blind. It's all washed out.

Hate the black one and just not a fan of that Allan one.

I prefer lighter styles and taking a quick look at that site I like these ones:

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... implicity/
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/style/we_universal/
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styl ... h_fresh_2/

I quite like that Simplicity one, though the colours don't really match for us obviously.
[center][img]http://i48.tinypic.com/1212wed.png[/img][/center]

Franchise
Hall of Famer

Re: Announcement: New Styles Available (prosilver SE, Black, and subsilver))

Post by Franchise » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:32 pm

@MVH: I downloaded that one. Will install later or tomorrow depending on level of hangover.

@LK: I just meant for the desktop the new sub silver one has profiles on right. On mobile they're all left.

@Mower: I'll get all of those but not sure how the logo is gonna look for ones that have no blue in them. There's supposed to be a pack somewhere that allows me to change colors on our logo but I haven't gotten around to testing it out.
- 5x SW
- 31x TW
- 2x PPV
- 3x MITB
- 2x EWars
- 4x Survivor
- 2x TV Wars
- 2x Cup Games
- 3x PPV Wars
- 1x iWars
- 1x Ultimate Endurance
- 3x Jobber Wars